the keyboard doesn't work

needahelp

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
I cannot get the keyboard work on my pc. I tryed all the other USB ports. The keyboard doesn't work when I try to sign into the windows. I know that the keyboard works fine. I don't have any problems with the mouse.

The only way to see if the keyboard really is fine is to hook it up to another computer. The mouse working is completely irrelevant to whether the keyboard is working or not. If you have access to another computer, hook the keyboard up to it and give it a shot.

needahelp

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
The problem is that as the keyboard don't work I cannot write the password and get into the windows so I cannot update anything. Can I do anything to fix this? Ctrl +alt+??? or anything else? Thanks for your help!!

I have looked and don't see a way to do it. This link is specifically for keyboard driver update in Windows XP:
https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/kbd_driver_update.mspx?mfr=true
If you can get your hands on another keyboard, follow these directions. This is the only thing that I know of or that I've been able to find that could solve your problem. It's all that's left! LOL