The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned

thenerdal

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
So annoyed with this. I don't know which device it is because i haven't connected anything recently. :(

It's also making the noise when you connect something every. damn. time. What can I do to fix it?

Gives me this:
6kNWQ.png

thenerdal

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012

I mean when I didn't connect anything, it still makes a noise. I also notice that unspecified device that shows up and then disappears.

Hi :)

Just do what I said then come back if any problems...

Oh and look in Device manager when the noise occurs...

All the best Brett :)

thenerdal

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012

Problem is that everything that I have connected it shown on control panel.

When the noise occurs, an unknown device is shown, I uninstalled the it and disabled it, but it came back.

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
It's probably a USB device that failed enumeration. This could be caused by driver issues, controller bugs, or device problems.

I'm actually currently debugging a curious issue that seems to affect Intel USB 3.0 controllers when using my Corsair Flash Voyager GT (possibly other devices too). It works fine on my ASMedia USB 3.0 controller, but fails to enumerate (with the same unrecognized device message) when connected to the Intel USB 3.0 controller. I see that you're running Windows 8 and the issue I'm debugging appears to be an incompatibility with Microsoft's USB 3 driver (which started shipping in Win8) and Intel's USB 3 controller. Both the ASMedia and the Intel controllers are using the same Microsoft driver but they behave very differently when I log the driver behavior using WPP tracing of the USB stack core components. I've confirmed that this issue affects 2 different machines which are both running Windows 8 and use Intel's 7-series chipsets for USB 3.0. I'm starting to suspect either a driver bug or a controller erratum that wasn't handled by Microsoft's driver.

Can you try to isolate the controller that's generating these hardware events? You can use the "View devices by connection" in device manager to see what's actually enumerating that unknown device.

BwwwJ1st

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2012

I had the same USB 3.0 (Fresco brand) problems with my Corsair Flash Voyager GT 64GB with the Microsoft Windows 8 driver. I was unable to use the Voyager GT at all. After manually installing the Windows 7 USB 3.0 drivers I was able to use the Voyager GT at USB 3.0 speeds again.

martinloat

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
The usual course of action is to go onto control panel/hardware and sound/device manager and delete all usb keys then reboot and allow windows to rediscover them.
A less draconian solution that worked for me is to map your USBs using a microsoft utility called usbview downloadable from Future Technology http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm
This identifies what each of your USB's is doing and what device is attached. With a bit of detective work to see what other of your devices are adjacent to the "unrecognised" device it is straightforward to identify the specific source of the problem. Disconnect it and reboot your machine to "clear" the error message.
In my case all I then needed to do was remove and replace the driver with the latest compatible from the makers web site, reboot and I was away, but I have read threads where it was badly written drivers causing the problem, in which case your only recourse is Microsoft's own generic drivers which may or may not offer a solution.

martinloat

StealthX

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
JUST had this problem and figured it out, I think.

1) Power off phone
2) Hold volume down then power on the phone
3) When it mentions custom OS then push volume up and the computer should recognize Samsung in Device Manager - Good
4) Boot back in to the phone and it should be there, it was for me, tested on 2 computers.

If its like the 3rd computer I did this on took this driver pack to recognize the phone:
http://developer.samsung.com/android/tools-sdks/Samsung-Andorid-USB-Driver-for-Windows

Also I had to delete all Generic USB HUB and all USB Root HUB Drivers in Device Manager and reboot before it picked it up correctly.

go45cvi

Distinguished
May 2, 2011

THANK YOU. God that was pissing me off. Plugged a firetv stick usb into my zbox and it starting throwing the error, even after I re-imaged W8.1. Unplugged cord held power to clear caps, all clear. Please delete all the rest of these useless suggestions.