The light of the motherboard wont turn on

lcorral

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Hello,
I just finished building my first computer but the motherboard light doesnt ligth up everything seems to be connected fine can i have any suggestions. Thanks. the mother board is a asrock h61m/u3s3. And the psu works fine.

Solution
Turn off the power supply and check if the 4-pin or the 8-pin power connector is connected. Connect also a case fan to the PSU's molex or to the motherboard header.
Switch ON the power supply, start again the board (by shorting the pins) and check if the CPU and the case fans spin.

lcorral

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Yea that is one of the first things i tried. Im almost sure its not the PSU because i tries it it with another MB and it worked. IS their another way you can test if the MB is faulty?

The two wires corresponding to the chassis power switch are connected to a motherboard header (where you connect the reset switch, the HDD led a.s.o.)
Check the manual for the right position of the two pins corresponding to the power switch (see system panel connector).
Remove all wires from that connector and using a screwdriver shortly touch the two power pins (it's what the switch does when pressing it). The switch might not work, the wires might be interrupted.

Turn off the power supply and check if the 4-pin or the 8-pin power connector is connected. Connect also a case fan to the PSU's molex or to the motherboard header.
Switch ON the power supply, start again the board (by shorting the pins) and check if the CPU and the case fans spin.

Solution