The meaning of this message: cannot create or replace update: access is denied m

ifeoma williams

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
i am trying to back up my mails from outlook express into my external hard drive but it keeps showing me this message: cannot create or replace update: access is denied make sure the disk is not full or write - protected and that the file is not currently in use

ifeoma williams

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
the procedure is from tools menu, click options>maintenance tab>store folder then i selected a location then copy it and pasted it in the box after i clicked on the start button and run,
then i went to the edit menu clicked on select all and then copied and pasted in the new folder i created on my desk top, but it is at this point that i get the error message i sent earlier

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
was outlook open when you tried to copy the file? Can you try it again with outlook closed?
Also try copying the file to another location on your internal HD. Try creating a basic text file on the external HD. Isolate the problem.

ifeoma williams

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
outlook was closed when i got to the point where i had to paste the copied mails.
as for coping it to another location i am sort of scared of doing that because the mails wen not properly copied disappears and my system has loads of information for the company which can required at anytime.
i have a feeling my disk or something of that sort is full because if i try sending mails with attachments it keeps miss delivering and the same is happening with the receiving of mails.
pls assist cos dis is slowing down my pace of productivity and my boss is scream heavens,
thank you.