The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 140 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
Well Onus, you did provide the link for the NZXT case I was looking for and you've provided more with that Newegg review of the BP 655. By tomorrow I shall receive my In win BP 659 case(in'sha'allah) and I can move my bread boarded components inside the case and tidy up my table top. Thanks for all the fruitful insight. I'll be sure to let you know how the case works out for me.

I'll also have some news of my remaining 2 Compact Splash cases arrival in a few hours (in'sha'allah)

PCbuilder, I'm sure you will figure it out...or you have us to help you out.

Where's MDBA? I hope food didn't take over his body and made him numb :p

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

I know that we(school) got some microATX cases from In Win(about 30-ish). They are tiny, but pretty good. BUT, the power buttons got sticky. However, these were a few years, so maybe that is normal? I think that we used wd-40, but I was not there.

Here is a crappy iPhone shot of my newly re-done rig. It now has another 660ti in it, but I'm waiting on the 8320. The 965BE is now at 4.2ghz and MUCH to my surprise it keeps up just fine with the 660ti's in most games. Easily maxes Metro LL and many others. It only struggles and shows an obvious bottleneck in games that HATE AMD CPUs like Farcry3. Otherwise, no one would ever guess the CPU in there is 5 years old. At 4.2ghz this h60 is at it's limit for keeping the CPU cool, and I am still looking for a good air cooler for cheap. I was about to buy the DeepCool Ice Blade Pro for $35 at Microcenter, but chickened out as I do not know enough about it aside from that it "supposedly" keeps within 2-3 degrees of the D14 and the fan has stupid blue LEDs. Looks Like I have a red/white/black theme now as well. What do you all think? I will be removing the DVD drive completely or painting it black. Who knows. Also need to do something about the SLI bridge that sticks out like a sore thumb.

FWIW I bought the second 660ti (including warranty stickers which have 1.5 years left) for $130 on craigslist.

IMG_06681.jpg

The 760 is right between the 660ti and 670 in performance, so no, it is just slightly better than the 660ti is.

I'm very pleased with it. Easily maxes everything I have.

Lutfij

Titan
How come you have SP fans on top? They are better designed for rads and the AP's are for airflow. You could swap them around and later go for a themed build with red ringed Corsair fans.

Nice setup btw!
:)

All they do is pull air out of the case. No problem. Also they are the quiet editions so they would be horrible on a radiator. I just put them there because I got them for free and they look better than normal fans.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

newegg review program or similar type thing?

g-unit1111

Titan

I didn't have any issues at all - the case was a breeze to build in, even getting the SSDs to mount on the brackets went incredibly easy.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Is that one of those cases with 2 compartments for 2 separate computers or is it a mini-itx/micro-atx case?

Oh wait, it is that water cooling one you showed off before.
DIY work is fun unless you don't have the right tools. And I'm sure you have 50 different dremels.
Are the LEDs for the GPU block 3mm or 5mm long, and how are they connected?

g-unit1111

Titan

Is that an H220? I would love to get one if I could for my Dark Knight rig but I don't think it's available in the US anymore (&$#*@!$#@ patent trolls).

Lutfij

Titan
That is a caselabs S3 case and no that is an [strike]XSPC[/strike] rad...Sticks setup is a custom watercooling loop. If I memory serves me well he has 2x240 rads inside that case.

The kelvin's would be a good start for a watercooling setup if you can wait until release. Not yet stated though, so I'm eagerly waiting to see when they'll be launched.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

Haha, yep. Seen some caselabs cases around 700$ 0.0. I had trouble dishing out 70$...

Lutfij

Titan
If I were to buy every case that I loved, I'd be holding a museum for people to see...Seriously, I thought about getting the S3 but with the case and shipping charges, I thought I'd wait and build in splash and then try my hand at top tier watercooling+mitx :whistle:

Gotta agree with anyone saying caselabs are great though! I want one... :p