The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 190 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Yeah....... this is a real pain. Lol, my internet is practically unusable for the next who knows how long. Hmm, only game i'll download for now is battlefield. I might plug in my 320gb hdd and just use that as a backup drive from now on.

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

That's a good idea, keep your data on a harddrive that is disconnected from yer puter, that way nothing will happen to it

g-unit1111

Titan

I got the M95 yesterday and man I could not have found a more perfect mouse to match my H440 than if I had built one myself. :lol:

I can't wait to get the K95 RGB - that will be the next component I purchase.

I'm having some problems with the Kraken though since after a long round of Civ V and Bioshock I was getting really high temperatures. I made a thread about it in the CPUs forum.

Tesla_Whizz

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014
Hi guys, I just created a thread on the best gaming case 2014 which is for a pc build. I would love any input and I am sorry if the thread is placed in the wrong section I.e. Under systems.
Thanks

g-unit1111

Titan

You'll get a lot of different opinions on this one. I think it mainly depends on several factors:

- Budget
- Motherboard size (ATX, mATX, mITX, etc)
- Size of cooler being used
- Air or liquid cooling
- Whether or not you need optical drive
- What GPU is planning to be used

Tesla_Whizz

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014

After talking with tiny voices. It seems a MID tower would be sufficient for this build.
Specs are: Asus Maximus Hero VII, I7 4790k (will be overclocked), EVGA GTX 770 superclocked, will have a LG optical drive just in case.
Initially it was going to liquid cooling but one Noctua NH-D15 will be sufficient I think.
Just need to find a nicely designed MID tower with good air flow. If I buy just one Noctua Fan then budget for case will be £200. If bought two fans which I don't think is needed but down to my brother and his overclocking habits then £150 for case.

g-unit1111

Titan

That's a mATX board right? If that's the case you're probably looking at something like a Bitfenix Prodigy M, Phenom M, Corsair 350D or similar.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
The Gene is the mATX board you are thinking of g-unit. The Hero and formula are the full sized ATX Boards.

Converting binary into hex into text, all because of some school security stuff. Can't say, I verbally promised an impromptu NDA.

You could see what software like Recuva(yes that is what it is called) can get back from your drive that was formatted. As long as it was just quick formatted, you may get lots of it back.

If it is steam games steam can fix any corrupt or missing files after.

g-unit1111

Titan
Argh, Newegg has the monitor I want ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236327 ) on sale for $132 after rebate and promo code and I'm heavily thinking of pulling the trigger. I ultimately want to get a 3-monitor setup for my White Knight rig but that's a long way off. I'm thinking at least the one for now and then get the other two later.

I want to get X99 especially after seeing the Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 today but that will be on the backburner for a while as I will wait to see what the best possible deal I can get on the i7-5820K is, and plus I got to start selling stuff I don't need anymore. :lol: