The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 210 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Williamsburg, VA. It rained a lot, so we really only got to spend one day outdoors, and that was at Jamestown. Otherwise, we took a couple of inside tours in the Art Museum.

Oh, and going from the 2009 Elantra to the 2014 Santa Fe is only adding about $3/month to my insurance.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

I think 200hp is enough really. It's a light car.

I saw the focus while shopping, it's a meh car, but I thought it was alright. But my dad didn't like it haha, he hates american cars. He's more into Japanese brands.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

It's not enough...especially on a stick shift..doesnt really reward you for being aggressive while driving. My family is the exact opposite car wise. But the price and the size of the car was one of the best in its class. Couldnt pass it up.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

The BRZ/FRS is a great concept...but it's just way underpowered. The price isnt even that bad on it but the top end is really lacking power wise. The ST Focus and Fiesta are really nice.

TONS of people strap on an aftermarket turbo, but that comes with it's own issues. Your warranty is history, and you have severely compromised the reliability of the car by modifying it heavily. They should have sold an STI version of the BRZ and a GTS version of the FRS that came with 300hp turbo motors.

I'm still not a fan of the boxer motor. I had one in my WRX, and they sound really good, but have alot of other little nuances.

I would not want leather either, although suede might be okay. The driver's seat is very adjustable; back and forth, up and down, and I believe tilting as well, and of course the back reclines and there is an adjustable lumbar support. I was comfortable on each way of the 8+hour drive. The seats are heated, which will be great in the winter.