The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 217 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Their yellow case looks like an underwater ROV :lol:

boitier-itx-corsair-380t-plein-images-4.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Practice makes perfect. I paint my own chassis now and I've had to learn a couple of things along the way ...the hard way. When they say, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger is very true. You can live from horrible experiences and hopefully it'll teach you to not make them again. To make things easier, you may want to go through some of MNPCtech's guides. They offer a lot of insight and ofc there is also a fella known as Hanoverfist on OCN who is killer with paint skillz.

g-unit1111

Titan

Why do I have the James Cameron jingle from South Park playing in my head as I look at that case? :lol:

[video="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67MRiMT9cnE"][/video]

g-unit1111

Titan

I'd personally go for a Pentium G3258 over an Athlon 860K but that would be my personal preference. Pentium G + GTX 760 = awesome.

Rammy

Honorable
Similar pros/cons to the G3258, despite their differences. Potentially expensive motherboards+coolers to get decent performance kinda eats into your value for money

Personally I'd probably just take a stock clocked i3/i5 build for a similar budget, but if you had access to an old cooler and/or motherboard then they start to become much more interesting.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

Yeah the G3258 more than likely overclocks much better than the 860K

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

I do have access to a Evo 212 and a 620W Seasonic M12

Lutfij

Titan
Lower heat dump, something to consider when your're going onto itx. The processor in itself dictates that you refrain from going with a Hadron case. An elite case would fit the bill of a budget itx build, again, considering you're going with the G3258 due to budget constraints while a B85 phoenix with a fully loaded board can be had for just under $100. but the deal breaker should come from the need to have a clc when you look into the Elite series of cases and the overclock you'll have to perform on the G3258.

G3258
GTX750Ti
B85 phoenix
itx case of choice
ST45SF-G
cryorig c1 cooler or taller depending on chassis
1tb hdd
if budget promotes ssd purchase - shoot for it

This is agreeable. Until the stuttering question is answered, I can't see spending the money on the Pentium.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

Yeah I was probably going with a Elite 130 or 110. The B85 just needs the bios update correct?

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

Yeah I'll be getting that tomorrow. I also have access to a 270X and a 260X so a video card isnt needed. I may get a new power supply and move the Seasonic into a relatives system.

g-unit1111

Titan

The only downside with going AMD that I could see would be the lack of mITX AM3 / FM2 motherboards. I know there's a few out there, but that's just it - a few.

g-unit1111

Titan

I'm pretty sure the 860K is FM2 and the 6300 for sure is AM3+, anybody want to verify that for me?