The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 220 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Coolermaster makes more sense in my opinion. MUCH easier to tell what is quality and what is not. Name the only two series you have that are good something simple. V=excellent, and VS=still very good. Everything else is crap. Pretty easy :lol:

Its not like the VS650 is bad but the rest of the line is good much like Corsair and EVGA do.

I want a GTX 970 so freaking bad. But I have seen absolutely nothing about a reference board 970. EVGA had some cards on newegg and with the one blower style cooler the PCB is identical to the reference 670/760. There is speculation that the waterblocks are compatible for all three cards. Someone is confirming this in the next few days. The wallet stays in my pocket until then.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah like I said it's all about marketing. You can market crap HEC or Topower PSUs and people will buy them if they think they're good. :lol:

On the plus side the UPS guy just dropped off my Audioengine A2s, can't wait to fire these up and play some good tunes on them.

I want a GTX 970 so freaking bad. But I have seen absolutely nothing about a reference board 970. EVGA had one on newegg and the PCB is identical to the reference 670/760. There is speculation that the waterblocks are compatible for all three cards. Someone is confirming this in the next few days. The wallet stays in my pocket until then.

I definitely want one as well, and I'll definitely be going SLI in the long run. I need to pay down my credit card a bit first so I can get one ASAP, then I will be selling my 7870s and buying a second one. :bounce:

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014
I have nothing to put the 970 in that's the problem. My new build would more than likely bottleneck the crap out of it. My full tower build already has 2 brand new 280s in it.

g-unit1111

Titan

I hope to have my spare PC listed for sale this weekend as well when I get my Paypal account up and running. Then when that does I will put the proceeds toward getting a GTX 980 or 970. And then when my Radeon 7870s sell I will add the second.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I really like the coolermaster v750. The series is straightforward, look good, semi modular, and are quiet and most importantly reliable. Maybe i'll go with a 970 but for now I need to focus on school

g-unit1111

Titan

The V series are solid PSUs, they're made by Seasonic and have had surprisingly solid reviews. Although I'd personally much prefer a full modular PSU like the EVGA G2/P2 series.

I think for my Dark Knight rig I'm going to stick to air cooling and get a strong air cooler like the Phanteks TC-14.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Damn, here in Canada, Newegg is selling the 980 for 650$ D: I found a 980 from EVGA with ref cooler at my local pc store for 619$, and they only have one of stock. I wonder if it's worth the upgrade over my 770 haha

What resolution are you running?

Rammy

Honorable
The 2nd one, the Pro is the older model, it's the one I use. The TS is basically the replacement as I think they are focusing solely on the XTR and TS lines. Still loads of stock on the Core/Pro/Black edition models though. No reason not to buy them if they are a good price.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

Interesting...because with the Pro they have a 25 dollar rebate and it's going to be discounted some more today.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

1080p for the time being, later I'll like to do a higher res monitor. Maybe when there's a monitor with G sync i'll like that drops in prices, I might pick up both.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Amazon is a love/hate relationship for me. My headphones I got a good deal out of them, but their pricing for some things are terrible, and confusing.

vegetablegod

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Hey everyone, it been a few months since I've been around lol. I don't usually come around till I get new hardware.. when I'm excited about it lol.

I got my EVGA GTX 970 SC (04G-P4-0974-KR) in yesterday, ran the 3DMark demo and I'm impressed everywhere except temperature. It maxed out at 76C a few times with the ACX cooler. I will definitely have to water cool it when NZXT makes a solution for the 970/980. Another annoyances I've had so far are the side mounted six pin connectors will not allow me to use one of my two side panel fans. Lastly, and this is very minor, but the EVGA branded stickers on the card seem very cheap and already have bubbles in them. I suspect them peeling over time.

These results are with my FX-8320 at 4.8Ghz...