The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 229 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Selling the G35 because I graduate in December and my girlfriend and I are moving to Denver, CO. She has a job starting in June (we will relocate in May) and I have many prospects there and will certainly have a job by then. I want something that is better in the snow (AWD) than the G35 which is miserable in the snow. I will probably get around 13k for the G35. I'm leaning HEAVILY towards an 08-11 Evo X GSR. A good one can be had with 50k miles for around $25k which is well within my budget on top of the 13k I will most likely get for the G35.

g-unit1111

Titan

That is a good point.

"JARVIS have you ever heard of the tale of Jonah?"
"I'm not sure I would consider him a role model, sir."

:lol:

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
stick-

maybe intel uses a really cheap TIM for their lower range cpu's (I mean under the heatspreader, I understand your using gelid extreme, whih is really good), save a few bucks in manufacture costs since they probably figure they will just be paired up with other lower range parts in a budget computer/pre-builts

Yeah, I wanted to check with the guy I bought it from. He's a pretty big time LN2 overclocker and had a bunch of chips he was selling to buy more 2011-3 gear. This i3-4360 was sealed in the Intel box, so I know it's no wrong doing on his part, just bad luck. He said he would RMA it for me, but that means not having a CPU for several days. I might just take a razor to it and fix it myself. I paid $100 for a brand new $150 CPU, so I can't really be too mad, the thing works, its just hot.

It idles at close to 50C in a full blown water loop. That's really bad.

GUNIT- I live 45 min away from ngel stadium! Used to be 5 min away BUT IM GOING TO THE GAME TONIGHT! 3 of the ALDS games and 7 of the ALCS GAMES ;) tonight is KC vs Angels. I'll be in section 426 lowerview MVP

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get both the R9 280x and R9 270x to work in the same PC. I've done this before in the past, got multiple GPUs to work together not in SLI or Crossfire. But I can't even get windows to recognize the 2nd GPU. It has power to it, the fans are spinning, both GPUs work individual in either of the two slots. I'm so confused.

Its SO BAD. I'm from Howard County, but my buddies and I go to Ocean City every summer a few times. I know I know, trashy awful beach with terrible reputation, buts its cheap and fun for a weekend here and there. Plus my GF's grandmother owns a VERY nice condo on 144th street we stay at. The locals there have MISERABLE accents. It's terrible. I'm grateful I don't have one of those accents.

I've been there a couple times I think. My favorite family beach vacation was probably Bethany Beach when I was a little kid. Rehoboth was good too. Wildwood it seems to me we were too far from the beach, and it rained. In those days, I suspect my most advanced technology was a transistor radio.

Edit: What is fried checked? Should an Android spell-check have returned "chicken" instead?

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

Haha! D*** it autocorrect

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

Haha! D*** it autocorrect

Well impatience got the best of me. I delidded that little i3, the temps are now in check. It was obviously bad contact between the die and heatspreader.

Haha, look at this monster, couldn't even fit it all in the case. But everything is FINALLY working. Although I can't run both cards in the x8/x8 slots and the only thing I can think of is because I have two mini-PCIe cards so maybe they use PCIe lanes too? IDK, but it only works if I move a card to the x4 slot. Since it's for folding, it still works just fine.

20141002_171745_zpsa4ba92f1.jpg

g-unit1111

Titan

Unfortunately i won't be there since I'll be in Colorado for the weekend but I'll definitely be representing! I've got my tickets for the rest of the playoffs though. :lol:

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Ughh... I've noticed something for the last few months but never got around to it. On desktop with no apps running my cpu is always at 25%... I looked at resources, uninstalled bloatware, ran ccleaner, ran disk cleanup and all of that and nothing helped. No antivirus in the background or anything. Why is this?