The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 236 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

g-unit1111

Titan

My White Knight rig is my primary system - it's used mainly for high end gaming and HD movie watching. And since I bought the monitor, mouse and speakers, it is my primary rig. My Dark Knight rig is an every day work horse which is why I didn't spring for a high end GPU. I will be moving to dual GTX 970s in the near future but I just don't have the money at the moment.

g-unit1111

Titan

I am heavily debating whether or not I want to run a three monitor setup or go 1440P or ultimately 4K, but 4K monitors are a bit too rich for my blood currently. Once they come down in price then the dual GTX 970s will be justified. I'm leaning more toward going triple monitors at the moment.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

Imdabaron, why exactly are you switching to this rig? Will this be your primary? Sorry, forgot the reasoning.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

When I move I'd rather not lug the full tower around lol. It will be my primary for a while.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I won't build a rig in anything more than a mid tower for that reason. I've had large towers (my first case was a beige Antec something) and then I've also had huge mid towers (Corsair 600T) but the H440 I have now is the perfect size for transportability. My next full build which won't be for a long time, though, I'm going mATX or even mITX - I really like the In Win 901 and would like to build a system around that in the near future.

Both look good, do you have a Dicks Sporting Goods near your house? I would go out there and try them on. Also they have a humidifier that helps break the glove in for you. Otherwise you need some conditioning oil, a baseball and some string to get that thing nice and soft. Also nothing breaks in a glove like using it, even by yourself, just throw the ball into the basket of the glove real hard over and over again.

But yeah, I would definitely try it on in a sporting goods store to make sure it fits your hand well. If you take good care of it, baseball gloves can last a really long time. So pick one out that suits your hand.

Stick - I was just at sports chalet. THey had a really nice 100$ rawlings but Im holding off cause we will check somewhere else for something a bit different....I have no idea how close the nearest Dick's is

Just go to the nearest sports big box store and try on a few. If you can find them online for significantly cheaper that's good. But the important part is putting your hand in it before you buy it.

It felt great actually, GOing to a BIG FIVE tomorrow or something. Also, No, I dont have a younger sibling, I have a 17 year old brother who I play catch with so we could do that. But I didnt buy it yet so SO FAR its number 1 on the list.

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

I have stress fractures in my lower right leg, arthritis in both my knees and a bad back........ also a narrow nasal cavity, so I have some trouble breathing... not to mention most girls are stronger than me.. no.. me and sports don't even belong in the same room lol