The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 240 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

g-unit1111

Titan

I took it to the same mechanic that my dad goes to and he's been a customer there for a long time. Usually I get my car serviced at the dealer because I have a service contract but for non warranty stuff I always take it to this guy.

On another note I was browsing Newegg and they have a seriously killer deal on the EVGA Tegra Note: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834099001

RussK1

Splendid

:lol:

One of my granite/tile guys did his recently. He said he would help, but right now his wife is just about 9 months pregnant, so he'll be busy for the near future. Actually the painting I can do on my own. He was going to help with the 3" body lift though.

Nexus 6 announced! http://www.google.com/nexus/6/ $650 starting 32 gb. What do you all think? Should I get it :p?

To answer a question im sure imma get...

I have a nexus 4 and have had it since march of 2013....getting bored of it lol

g-unit1111

Titan

I'm heavily debating between the Nexus 6 and Galaxy Note 4. Of course I'll have plenty of time to decide since I'm not eligible to upgrade until March. Although I do have to say that I'm leaning more toward the Galaxy Note since it has removable storage where the Nexus 6 does not. Fixed storage is a deal breaker. :lol:

GUnit - I have like 50MB left on my nexus 4 DAMN IT! And I always clear it to a GB and it still gets empty....CANT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING if you dont have over 500 mb! BS! Im sick of it. But I say for for the nexus 6 man...wanna know why? I wont, probably you too, be using over 32-64 GB...I would get the 32Gb cause thats tons! Just think of it....do you REALLY need over 64GB? And think of those Boom speakers....4k screen....UGH SO HAWT!

Anyway, I say if you have the cash, get the 64GB N6. I would get 32....So do you think I should get it? Its pretty big...BUT same height as Iphone 6 PLUS because of No buttons ....width and height scare me on it...so?

EDIT: My N4 is 8gb btw...actually comes with 6

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I was eyeing the nexus 6, but i'm a bit sad, they are quite quickly moving away from the budget super fast flagship view. My first tablet was a kindle fire original. Rooted, latest ics cyanogen mod, some overclocking and WOW was that thing a beast. Anyways, my Friday project of installing windows 8 went SUPER smoothe. Latest drivers, cpu usage bug is fixed, and all went well. Microsoft really has been doing good. My boot is like 15 seconds faster aswell so thats a big pro

g-unit1111

Titan

My HTC One that I have now is 32GB and with all the music, photos, etc, that I have on it, I barely have less than 1.5GB left. I could even put more music on there and I'd max it out. 64GB would maybe be enough but I'd have to weight the pros and cons of fixed storage vs. removable storage. Right now removable storage is winning.

I just got back from seeing Mastodon live. My ears are still ringing. :lol:

Lutfij

Titan
2551571351077259604cri7wKmc.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
:lol: Tiny Voices - just providing some spice to the bored folks :p

This just in, while my friend in the 'States was a tad too busy snagging the GPU for my brother in laws build, I was in a toss up with whether I should go for the originally quoted GTX780Ti Kingpin edition card or settle with a newly released architecture on the GTX 980 since the prices were relatively in the same park.

Bit the bullet and opted for the GTX780Ti. So when it does make an appearance with the H100i the build log shall commence again and this time around will be complete :) i.e: If he doesn't opt for sleeving...

Speaking of sleeving, when that does come by, I'll be sure to post some pics of it! :D Will need to net some tools for the trade but I'm good to have ordered the sleeve first to get a feel for it.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
:lol:

It sucks how the hyper 212 evo can't even fit in the phantom 240. Good thing the noctua nh-u12s fits. Hmmm, now just a hard decision between a new monitor or phone

About the nexus 5-

I just checked out the google website, and there is one thing I found very interesting. They didn't get rid of the 5 in their webiste. They list all their devices including the new player, 6 and 9 and also the 5!. Even the page for 5 gets a facelift with the new 5.0 OS on it. Now I am certain that the 5 will co-exist along with the 6. I think the 5 will be the stock android, powerful but affordable google phone while the 6 will be more like the phablet more premium more expensive google phone (equivalent to say the note 4)