The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 241 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

g-unit1111

Titan

Very interesting! Good thing I've got plenty of time to decide before I'm eligible to upgrade. I'm still debating between the Nexus 6 and Galaxy Note 4. Maybe the LG G3 if the price is right.

On another note I'm watching the Foo Fighters Sonic Highways documentary series. Really makes me want to go set up a recording studio. :lol:

Lutfij

Titan
I literally had to Google that name to figure out the case name and make. Brought me back to the days where I felt the Thermaltake chassis' with all steel construction were da-bomb!

The advent of PSU mounts moving to the bottom has rendered them just about useless...in my eyes :)

g-unit1111

Titan

Dave Grohl is definitely awesome, can't wait for Sonic Highways. It was really interesting to see how Buddy Guy got started making his own equipment in his basement to play music on.

Lutfij

Titan
Spend enough time on Google searches and you'll start slicing through gibberish and hit the key notes. In doing that you end up with faster search results and less time scratching head for results :D

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Alright, so because I have been a bit bored and looking for a project, I decided what the hell, why not just install os x 10.9 (maybe 10.10) on my pc. With a spare 320gb 2.5" hdd I have in the spare pc and a copy of mavericks from my imac, (I did this on my old c2d system last year), and with a custom kernel and what not should be easily achievable after a few videos and tutorials I've seen. Just something to do over the weekend. (Run along with 8.1)

Either that or windows 10.... only time will tell

g-unit1111

Titan

Yup, admins say they have no problem with Hackintosh discussion, so long as the version of Mac OS you are using isn't pirated.

I've been curious about Hackintosh and have thought about turning my Dark Knight rig into one but I don't want to lose Windows.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Awesome! Only thing is that you need a mac to partition the boot usb. (Or run a vm machine)

Really if you have an intel processor from what I remember you just download the os, run unibeast and flash it onto the usb, get the drivers (aka kexts) and a program called multibeast and put it on the usb), boot onto it, format the hdd, install, and just download drivers for stuff that doesn't work. Lot easier than it sounds

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Lol, I now always carry Win 10 and Kali on 2 USB's in my backpack. I actually got close to putting OS X in a VM( Older version, and it cut because I put in too little RAM. I need to do that again.