The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 266 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

g-unit1111

Titan
Argh, just when I thought I had everything working, I get my PC home and I hook it up to my monitor - no signal! I check all the connections and everything - it POSTs fine but nothing will display on the monitor.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Ordering very soon:

Which one?

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VS239H-P-23-Inch-Full-HD-Monitor/dp/B008DWITHI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417491201&sr=8-1&keywords=23%22+1080p

vs

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS248H-P-24-Inch-Full-HD-LED-lit/dp/B0058UUR6E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1417491484&sr=8-2&keywords=24%22+1080p
(the 23.6" one)
I only found a .6 inch difference, but besides that seem the same. Which one should I go for. If the smaller one, I can get a new mouse, which I kinda want, but not nessecary. Is the price diff worth it?

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Found this on amazon warehouse deals. 23" Dell IPS monitor for $111.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009H0XQRS/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Condition is like new which means either there is slight damage to the box of the monitor, or the monitor was opened and sent back for returns. It is still in perfect condition though.

It does have a glossy finish... If you want a matte display then I would go for the 23" Asus.

g-unit1111

Titan

Well brand new motherboard I can't imagine is the culprit, and I get power going to both GPUs, so once again I'm stumped.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Maybe try from all video outputs on mobo and both video cards or use some other source (DVI instead is HDMI or whatever you use?)

This new chair is very comfy for the price, not so much for the original one.

The LED on that monitor is VERY bright and distracting, so my friend put a small piece of electrical tape over it.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

From the description:

"Excellent Visual - LED Backlit with 50,000,000:1 ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio; Full 1080P with HDMI; TN Panel Display"

They put the IPS warning there as a standard message for the Asus VS monitor line. The chart below has an astrick by the VS which states *Select Models.

The second monitor does have an IPS display and it's a good one.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Been using rubber domes for most of my life, and mechanical keyboards make a HUGE differences, I'm using one for work lol. It hurts my fingers over time.

My recommendation, blues or browns are great. I have tried blacks and reds, and they almost feel the same as rubber domes to me, but it's lighter to press, and without the "mush" press feel, if you get what I mean :)

Currently, I'm using the blackwidow (MX blue) again, the K70 was starting to get uncomfortable for my hands. My right hand fingers were starting to twitch. After using my razer keyboard, the twitching went away.

g-unit1111

Titan

I went from a generic Logitech keyboard to a Gigabyte GK-Osmium and there's a world of difference in how much better this keyboard is. I got the red Cherry MX switches and it's like night and day.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
I've spilled coffee, milk, hot chocolate, cookies(the crumbs) and enchiladas(long story), and this HP keyboard keeps on going. The colon/semi-colon button DOES get stick sometimes, but for about 5 years, this membrane keeps on chugging. Granted, it was really dirty when I cleaned it, but I think this will last another few years.