The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 270 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

g-unit1111

Titan
G,
Bangladesh :) The authority even has an issue with tinted windows since there are cases of people with souped up rides and tinted windows being used to perform horrible acts.

Interesting, the police here have issues with tinted windows but for different reasons. When I got mine tinted I was told by the tint shop that you can't have them over a certain UV strength otherwise the cops would pull you over and ask them to get removed. Didn't stop my brother from getting limo-grade tint on his old Corolla though. :lol:

Your N200 never grows old in my eyes buddy. I love it! Would you please list the specs on that rig?

I should post a picture of my N200 which I'm currently using until I get the issues with the White Knight sorted out, needs a bit of cable management though.

The only issues I recall were something about the R9 285; eh who knows.

I'm still wearing the sling, but expect not to need it shortly. I have my first follow-up appointment tomorrow afternoon. I believe they'll X-ray it to see if it is healing properly. It's still a little sore, and has very limited range of motion, but that doesn't seem unusual to me at the end of only the first week of a six to eight week healing process. Other than a couple of aspirin this morning, I've taken no other meds for it today. The whole experience seems more of an irritant than anything else, at least so far.

Lutfij

Titan
G,
:lol: Maybe the cops don't care about Corolla's :p Also, when did you get an N200?!?!?! :mad:

Onus,
Glad to know you're alright! Mid through your healing would be a good opportunity to slightly flex the joints but that is only if the bone is making a connection.

I used to have legal (Maryland) tint on my WRX and I would get pulled over for it constantly even though it was legal. It was probably an excuse to pull me over for other stuff like exhaust, ride-height, etc.

I don't have tint on my G35 at all.

g-unit1111

Titan

I got one about a couple of months ago when Newegg had them on sale, I only paid like $40 for one. I was redoing my HTPC to accommodate for a Pentium G3258 and moved the CPU and motherboard to that case. Add a couple of spare drives lying around, a spare older GPU and my old Corsair power supply - done.

Daniel - WHY THE HECK NOT? I would say get another 970 :) "Future Proof" For a bit.

Lutfij - While it just got here and they are scanning so if my dad gets a storage place in time, then yeah I should have it in a week. UGH IM SO EXCITED!

Tiny - THXELON is really nice :D My bro thought of "ItHertz" Which we like a lot so we will see

Oh an Lutfij...Illegal? Lol, here in Cali People have some weird things.

Some of the plates my friends have had that I am less proud of are "RU18YET" on a 2006 6.0L supercharged GTO. That is pretty self explanatory. My best friend from highschool currently owns a 2004 Carrera 4s with the plate "VAG4LYFE". VAG is the acronym for Volkswagen Audi Group who own Porsche and basically everyone else, but it can easily be interpreted in other ways.

:p Yeah I know thats why I didnt say what it means :) Anyway, so when My PC Comes...I have to add the ram and the GPU on it. Ok that will be easy. Lets hope the H100i, HDD, mobo and all other things didnt break....guys....my PSU is going 7 months without being turned on....do you think its broken? I also hope my monitors are alright.

Lutfij

Titan
PSU's aren't like car batteries during a season of winter in the garage left un-ingited for a little while. Just plug unit to wall and power up system :)

Tiny,
PWM splitters are about $10 and work off the CPU PWM header...Swiftech's are worth looking into.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
PHDWHO or DRWHAT are two that I like. Of course, being a Need For Speed fanboy when I was little, I have irrationally wanted ND4SPD even though I can think of better. My cousin's m6(no mufflers, going under 20 mph, its pretty damn loud. When revving, sounds like an F1. Annoying but fun to piss people off with) has WickdM6. My friend has Mr. Bhatti as a joke on the front of his new Sport series Sedan from BMW. The guy put on limo grade tint AND subs IN CALIFORNIA. It's a wonder that the police or the school hasn't pulled him over or called him in.

I might ask for a new PC on christmas from my family, but I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure they will be out of state. That, and I don't have the guts to ask for 800-1.2K. I'd do something cheap with 600-700, but I do so much virtualization and am getting into 3D rendering and Java that I NEED 16 gigs of RAM. Not an i7, just an i7, and a 970 if possible. Hmmph, this dream will not die at all.

An acquaintance of mine and a former student of my teacher is getting interviewed for a government job that he turned down. They made him another offer, so he's in the east coast. Lucky guy.

My little brother just had his birthday, so I haven't been on much. Ge got a tennis racket and a 25 in one building set with a motor and tools. No batteries included.
http://www.amazon.com/Meccano-6026075-Meccano-Erector-Super-Construction/dp/B000GOF5S2
That one. Finals are next week, and I probably won't be on.

g-unit1111

Titan

Just got done with one final, have another one tomorrow, plus I went to Arizona over the weekend which is why I haven't been here much lately.

$131 FOR LEGOS? That can get me an SSD :eek:

I went to the Lego Store in South Coast Plaza a couple of weeks ago, some of the sets they have are insane. They actually have a full size Death Star replica, as well as a full scale model of the Dark Knight Batmobile. I'd love to get the full Simpsons house set, but at $199 it's a bit too rich for my blood right now. :lol:

BEST THING EVER JUST HAPPENED, Tesla called my dad and said they have a shortage of seats....WTH MAN?! So they said you've waited way to long, 4 months, we dont want more so would you like to wait for normal seats or get the performance seats...for free. WHY NOT? :D So no more delay AND better seats