The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 282 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
D34th - Ho....How can you UNLOVE it? I started loving it during highschool! Why would highschool kill it for you? Man...the old military planes are MEH.....787, A350's, c172s are the cool stuff! Hurts me to see someone who's lost the love of aviation :( Could I get you to love it again or is it lost?

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Yeah, I have heard it's a lot easier to bend the pins, but I knew that before I even started building her PC.

I installed the Hyper 212 evo instead, and she's super happy the noise went away lol, but I noticed I felt the heat of the CPU blowing away from the heatpipes lol. If she had the money to buy a Noctua NHD15, that cooler would be awesome.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Oh, quick question for the AMD CPU.

I was following the instructions of the Hyper 212 evo, and placed it on the CPU, screwed in the mount, and was done. I noticed how I could wiggle the heatsink side by side if I put in effort to move it. It's not loose, but in place. And saw a bit of paste leaking out on the left and right side (even thou I did the small pea method) I cleaned the extras on the side, but when I had it on my intel CPU, it didn't wiggle.

Is this normal? I did I install it properly? The temps are idling around 25-30C when I was playing with the bios. But if I put my hand on the other side of the heatsink, I can feel hot air coming out, so it makes me think that the heat is being transferred by the heatpipes, so I installed it properly.

RussK1

Splendid

My GF does and is pretty good. She has a few guitars: 2011 American Special Stratocaster HSS and her baby (gift from her father), 1969 Gibson SG Special with original P90's (it's the real deal), and an Ibanez she does not play because she doesn't like the Floyd Rose style bridge and locking nut (she's old school at heart).

Just scheduled my Discovery flight :D Been waiting so long. This weekend, I picked my fav prop plane for normal flights - A C172 Skyhawk. Whenever and If i ever start training , probably gonna have to pick the C150 as its cheaper.

Im a happy child.

Nice! I actually had an Ibanez RG with a Floyd Rose that I sold when I built the ESP.

I've been messing with the idea of selling the ESP and Artcore and buying a used Jackson or Charvel from the late 80s to get back into speed metal and post hardcore. There is an AWESOME shop near me that has over 500 used guitars for sale. Everything from a cheap squire strat, to an authentic Gibson double neck SG Jimmy Page special, to a 1970 Gretsch Country Gentleman. They will let you play everything for as long as you want.

g-unit1111

Titan

I decided that I want to get a guitar and start learning music production software. I figured I should put my PC to work and actually make some money instead of spending it. :lol:

Due to lack of dexterity, I'd be limited to a one-handed instrument like a trumpet or trombone. That wouldn't work out too well due to an asymmetrical expression. Oh well. I can get any sound I like out of a stereo :).

RussK1

Splendid

That's a good idea. Rocksmith looks pretty cool and the reviews are good. I'd try that with some guitar lessons mixed in as to not create bad habits.

Due to lack of dexterity, I'd be limited to a one-handed instrument like a trumpet or trombone. That wouldn't work out too well due to an asymmetrical expression. Oh well. I can get any sound I like out of a stereo :).

If there's a will there's a way Joe. I have faith in ya!

Hoping and dreaming to turn it into a career! And I want to fly fo a huge well known airline I'm the U.S. ...like a Boeing 777x or 787 (expect both to be normally used by then) And thanks man :)

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
I was in the school orchestra for maybe 2-3 years. I quit when I moved because I can't find a place to rent violins(good ones, no weird ones with fake wood that sound like crap) and it was either programming or violin. So here I am.

Gotta love Acronis.

No time to love much. Now its work and hell. Oh and getting electrocuted when you plug in something AT THE SAME TIME a power surge happens. Don't ask me how this stuff happens, I don't know.

Lol. Anyway they found the QZ8501 debris.....i really want to know whats in that black box...They said most of it is in tact, or part of it ( the plane ) and the black box is at the back of the plane so shouldnt be too hard.

Or Why doesnt ever plane have a tracker at back, that no one can access, like INSIDE DEEP...IN THE SYSTEMS...so that you can always track the plane...or when there is an impact and something breaks, it sends the ATC a ping and a location....I mean easier said than done but CANT BE THAT hard.

My main point is why isnt there always a tracker in a place that isnt likely to ever break...like the Black box, why isnt there a separate back up tracker for that most important piece. I know I sound pissed but for Gods sake put a damn tracker on it.

New info on the shipping - They called me.....bla bla they called my dad...They want 1650 dollars but tomorrow 7 AM at the latest cause they now have a truck.... BUT they still cant bring it down to us yet.....1650...Hmm...100$ every day since last friday...Or even a bit more...All I know is that they didnt hvae it for 16-17 days / Our free carrying time didnt end that long ago.....now My parents are pissed at my brother and I saying why did you guys even get computers .... My mom almost wants them to keep the whole container. Whelp, I give up.

Don't your parents have stuff in there too? Contents are probably worth well over $1650. And is that the total cost? Shipping a container from UAE to SoCal can't come cheap.

I don't know what to do. I need to either buy a new AM3+ board so I can run my FX-8320e faster and more stable with 2x 270x's and use it as my main rig. Or just buy an i5-4690K and continue using the Intel machine as the main rig. But the i3 no longer cuts it with dual GPUs.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I hear that, I've had to ship stuff to a client in Germany and it's not cheap, plus US customs don't make filling out those documents easy. :lol:

Stick - my PC, Monitors and guitar ALONE is well worth more than 1650( that doesn't include my brothers pc and monitor and all of the furniture . It was 650 for packing and shipping and 1650 cause our free Sotrage with them ran out...which we have no control of and that proves that they had it for too long. Anyway yeah they have stuff too. He's gonna pay it today or something. They are just pissed cause why even after 1650 they will still have it and can't send it down which means - and I quote " you will be charged as long as we have it"...EVEN after the 1650 we are about to pay.

Piece of advice. Never use DYNAMICA LA for shipping