The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 310 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Overclocking can take quite a bit of time to get the absolute highest you can(if you want to tweak tiny voltage jumps and test for hours and so on).

The real issue is the closer you get, the smaller the gains become. So it will take way more voltage to get that last 100-200mhz, but that point, I back off and call it a day. I do not think 100-200hmz will be missed for the time being. The system is already very fast.

Just try for 4.2 for a while. If it doesn't work settle for 4.1. Also know that there will be no performance difference between 4.0 and 4.2 in anything.

All this overclocking talk is making me want to try to get to 4.9-5.0. With the "general consensus" limit voltage at 1.375 for this CPU, I surely can do it. I would LOVE to be 5ghz on air, but again it is only for bragging rights and I would never leave it like that even if it was stable. I would just back down to 4.5. I have had 4.8 stable before on this CPU/motherboard/cooler.

Ok, that "Bragging rights" Things PISSES me off. Who gives a %#$^ if someone thinks you're bragging if you have 5ghz, you know what, do it. If you spend a crap load on your PC and want to OC the hell out of it, great for you. I wont think you're bragging (Im not saying this to you, but to anyone who doesnt wanna OC a lot cause of the bragging thing) YOUR BUILD, YOUR MONEY, YOUR OCing Rights.

Yeah but my point was, you ofcourse shouldnt brag, thats not what I meant. But you can OC to 5ghz and if people think you are bragging, who cares? Dont post it anywhere, not even in ur sig. If people are stopping you from getting awesome speeds, than thats a problem....

Temps went straight up to Mid 80s for some reason while burning. Just started burn for 20 times, not one run in and its at like 81-83...hope thats ok. WEnt up to 84.

And yeah no need to mess with it if you;re happy but if you want to OC, go ahead.

After opening Minecraft for a second, the game froze, causing the whole PC to freeze after I opened task manager and Saw CPU was at 100%. No BSOD, had to turn off....unstable or just java being java?

I mean they are on auto I would think cause I just reset default, set ram to 1600, changed voltage and Ratio. Just put CPU offset in adaptive. WHEN I said I opened minecraft, I meant like after the game had loaded, not when I clicked on it....TBH it was kinda after I opened this CORETEMP program too...In minecraft now with shaders, no problem.

In BF4 loading screen...no problem so far. So if I ever get A BSOD anytime soon, or a freeze of the PC, Im just gonna 1.2v and 4.1ghz. Was in BF4 for like 2 min, temps were mid -low 50s, some high 40s