The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 330 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
videocardz_asetek_amd_r9_390x_kuehler.png

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Holy crap! My local PC store has decided to start charging 299.99 for a i5 4690K, and 409.99 for the i7 4790K.

WHILE, you guys are selling 4690k for 199.99 at micro center! WHAT?!?!?! A fx 8350 here costs 229.99!

I really want to live in the US now. It sucks paying more :(

In Microcenter, I can get a 5820k for 300$ dats a steal

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
I did some more looking at PCpartpicker, and you guys have the 5960x for 1000$ We have it here for 1319$! That's crazy! It was 1000$ when I last saw it 2-3 weeks ago.

And seriously? A 5820K is 300$ there? But don't x99 motherboards cost around the 200-400$ price point?

But being only 20 years old haha, I'm far off from actually moving there. Not to mention, I also have to find a new job too. But being a CNC programmer/operator, it won't be that hard to find one. Maybe I'm overreacting, but it would be a long time before I decide to move to the US, or decide not to.

Erm, guys, sorry about this but someone dropped my iphone, HARD, and it wont boot past the apple logo, I plugged it into itunes and hit restore and even update but my iphone 5 turns off before said update or restore FINISHES...so I have no idea what to do. As you all know Im not great with apple, Im an android person...but my brother gave this to me after my nexus 4 broke...which I will fix if this doesnt work. Any ideas?

Are your handset's insured? In the rare event I break one, seems like I just go to Verizon and get it replaced. One time it cost me $50 out of pocket. The other time it didn't cost anything. I'm sure my bill is a little higher because of this, but in my line of work the likelihood of accidents like this seem elevated.

Welllllll.....my bro bought this used from a Chinese dude for 180.....the charging port had issues but i cleaned so works well now, LOCK BUTTON DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, and now this...so, I doubt I can get insured or it is if its used and unlocked. Im on AT T

Yeah, if it wasn't bought from your service provider then it's not insured by them. Actually, I think technically I'm renting my phone from Verizon. Because if I get a new one I have to give this one back. And I didn't ever pay a lump sum for it either when I bought it.

Lutfij

Titan
That is what it really is when you look at it on a broader perspective. Down where we are, buying a sim card is all you need and pop it into a phone of your choosing(purchased by thou ofc). Just make sure you have balance in your sim/number. Network operator acts up with bad reception of service, just toss sim out and insert a new one from another operator.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
All you are doing when you buy a phone from Verizon, ATT, etc is renting it. When you pay the full price after two years, it is yours to keep. Or pay everything up front. Or get the phone the day after retail drops from 600 to 450(it happened to me, our bills are 15 USD cheaper when I got a newer phone xD)

It's a used iphones. My cousin once dropped his phone facedown onto tile(iphone 3gs) and before the volume rocker was broken. It started working after that. Now, if you do that to a new iphone... don't step on the shards...

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Have you guys not heard of apple care? I had a maybe quarter inch by quarter inch purple glow on my ipad 3 and my headset jack was not working and the corners were indented from drops but they replaced that, a shattered iphone 5 thats power button didn't work, an iphone that had that oil from the little airwick plug in thingies, and an iphone that was dropped and when the case was taken off, the iphones bottom case literally came off (still worked haha), all for free.