The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 361 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Power steering pump went out another 200 bucks.

I'll look at Hyundai.

We did a bridge project, but it has been more than two years. Where will the bridge be placed/how will it be tested?

Friend bought a 4750 and a 430 watt evga at Frys. Huge upgrade from the GPU that didn't work. He had like 60 bucks in birthday money.

That's true, at the end of the day you aren't going to drive a Mack truck over it so just make it pretty. Maybe with a suspension or truss style support. The foundation is key really, but super deep and thick pylons are going to be hard to depict in a 60 popsicle stick structure.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
"We were also told that DirectX 12 will support all of this across multiple GPU architectures, simultaneously. What this means is that Nvidia GeForce GPUs will be able to work in tandem with AMD Radeon GPUs to render the same game – the same frame, even."

0.o, I'm interested...

Man never go to Stackoverflow.com the people there are so rude.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I've been part of stackoverflow for a while, but the thing is they expect you to be advanced at whatever you are doing, but if you are not, do not waste their time. I find the people at dream in code to be a lot nicer, they were actually polite when I started seriously programing back in early 2013.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Tiny, how much power can be squeezed out of the new Fiesta, or is it not worth it? I'm looking at the hatchback now...

I cleaned out my pc, and I hate my carpet so much. Much of the lint inside my PC by my one case fan. I might replace it if I can get it out. I'll post a pic this weekend..

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Hatchback Focus or Fiesta? 'Cause it's either the sedan Focus base or a mid Hatchback fiesta... Plus, w/ the hatchback, I hav a wee bit of money left to play with... Possibly do a ECU tune myself? and new exhaust... mmmm set off all of the car alarms at school... just kidding

You can't "squeeze more power" out of the fiesta or the focus, unless you get the focus ST.

You can't do an ECU tune yourself. Not possible. An exhaust will get you nothing.

On a base focus or fiesta (2.0l), an intake/header/exhaust will cost you $1500 and get you MAYBE 5-8hp. If you get an ecoboost 1.0L turbo (much more expensive than the base model), that same $1500 will get you 25-30hp.

Both are good cars. I'm seriously considering trading my G35(parting back to stock and selling all go fast parts) for a Focus ST, and going big turbo. The stock block is good for 400hp or so, which is alot in a FWD hatchback.

So, I gave up using my PC until I can get me a better cooler. The Antec650 Kuhler H2O is so freaking loud...

Aye, I will have to use a laptop for a while then.

Anyone recommend a really cheap cooler that is quiet?

Don't buy coolers with fans that aren't interchangeable. Sure there might be one or two decent ones out there, but once the fan goes, new cooler time.

IDK man, for a 5280K? I thought this was a rig you intend to build, or do you actually have it on hand?

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
He actually has it, he posted pictures of it a few pages back.

If I had a 5820k I would get a high end air cooler to go along with it. Maybe a D14/D15, Cryorig R1, Thermalright Silver Arrow, Phanteks PH‑TC14, etc.

The fact is, I didn't know if the cooler worked on x99, so I was like YESS NEW COOLER.

Dad googles it, and I go cri in mah room.

So I am stuck for a while. Btw, I bought the cooler when I was going to build a z77 rig, never did that.. lol
Sold that mobo and psu for the x99 rig.

I might just get a 212 for now, and invest in a u14s later :p

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
If you need a cooler on the cheap...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($20.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $20.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-25 10:39 EST-0500

The THEMIS performs better than the 212 EVO while having around the same noise level as well.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Raijintek/Themis/7.html

Although personally I would get a high end cooler from the start and not have to waste $20 or so. You do plan to overclock, right?

TRENDING THREADS