The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 362 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Littlesackninja

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
When I owned my 212 It was very quiet inside my case, although the H440 is sound dampened. I agree with RazerZ, get a good cooler now (NH-D14/15) Rather than wasting £20 on a cooler you arent going to use for long.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

No mods please. The Sedan is great. That's the one I own. Although it's an SE model. Dirt cheap right now.

Sycuss_MoO

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
Waiting to purchase my last parts of my build due to the frozencpu.com issues. Here where my build is at now.

Waiting for mayhems coolant, and window molding.

37391e53-32a6-4d0f-b178-b76d550eaa69

7f97fe8c-f6f9-47e5-8086-ecc0009e42ca

26bda508-0739-4ef3-8ad9-226e66c67b36

Sycuss_MoO

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
I updared my signature.

CPU: Intel 3770k @ 4.9ghz.
RAM: 16Gb ddr 1866mhz ram.
MOBO: Asus p8z77-v deluxe.
GPU: Gigabyte g1 gtx 970.
SSD: 240 gig crucial m4.
HDDS: 4 640gig wd blue aaks raid 0

MrRockyboxer

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2015
Not good for AMD
http://www.techspot.com/news/59844-nvidia-steals-11-percent-market-share-amd-excavator.html

I'm really worried about the future of PC hardware, and AMDs future too. They need to get their stuff together D;

Nvidia CEO's statement about the 970 issue
http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/02/24/gtx-970/

What a freaking joke......He calls this a feature. What's even bad, not even a single sorry to the customers. "We won't let this happen again, we'll do a better job next time"

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Used Fiesta ST(17 miles) was 3k cheaper than new. That is very weird...

At school, CMD is disabled, but powershell is ENABLED. wtf, does the school not understand the meaning of POWER??! I also used a Fluke at lunch and didn't each lunch, so I'm gonna eat mah sandwich now.

Dam, that is not good for AMD. They really need to get there stuff together. As for the nVidia CEO, I think he wants to say sorry, but he is hoping that people are like oh well yea, blah, yea... He kind of wants everyone to be like yea its still a good card nonetheless.

g-unit1111

Titan

AMD will survive in some way shape or form. Intel needs AMD like the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones or Microsoft needs Apple. The FX-9XXX series was a huge set back for them and I think they're going back to the drawing board on that one. If the R9-3XX series doesn't perform as promised I think they may be in deeper trouble than that.

MrRockyboxer

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2015

They have money, but the amount of money they're making, is decreasing, and it keeps going down. Not to mention, AMD still has a TON of debt to pay too. They're struggling, but they're doing good for the budget side of PC's.

The 300 series I believe, will work just fine, and will win some people over.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

Sounds normal to me. 3K cheaper is probably nothing for the dealer. You should still haggle with them.

Sycuss_MoO

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
All I did was adjust the voltage and place the multiplier to 49 hyper threading is enabled.
I am really considering Deliding my 3770k cause even though my loop when using Intelburn test my actual core temps are hovering around 72C. I'm just not sure if i want to invest time into this when I could break my cpu, and finding a new one that's so friendly with a overclock now that its becoming a dated part makes me very nervous. But so can overclocking with a high temp.

Mind you I currently don't have any fans what so ever running with my actual core temp of 72 I'll be eventually getting an inline temp sensor to see my fluid temps.
One of the last remaining parts i'm waiting from NZXT for is a replacement fan and lighting controller for this Phantom 820 case. During deconstruction several of the wires were extremely brittle on the fan controller side and broke.

before I upgraded from 1 triple 120mm rad to 3 tripple radiators my max ever overclock on this chip was 5.2ghz but temps were 82C with 6 fans in push pull with all of them being really nice San Ace 34mm thick fans. Even with the insane amount of high pressure fans the OC was not the most stable, mind you only in stress testing the cpu through burn tests, is how i tested for stability.

Its my GPU overclock that im the most proud about. over a 1600mhz core and 8400mhz ram. I'm using the game stable bios with a few of my own voltage tweaks. These mem clocks are good only for benchmarking, I knock it down to 8200mhz for every day use.

* I really like the look of a gpu water block but i don't think I'm going to get any further with my overclock on my gpu. Even with this high of a overclock on the gpu I never see temps past 62C so unless i to a phyical volt mod to get over the 1.3volt barrier then i'm not sure what spending the money on the block besides lowering temps further would do.

I have a full build log on Guru3d would I be aloud to post the link to it here or should i just create a new build log here in these forums?

MrRockyboxer

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2015
Yeah, I thought about it lol. I'll have to uninstall my big heatsink, take off the thermal paste, reapply thermal paste, put my windows key in ahhh to much work for a little difference.

Dealer promo car. Also, the Fiesta ST is expensive to ensure. A great car, but it is manual only and VERY touchy. It is a sports car, not an economy hatchback. It is not comfy to drive. It is meant to be driven HARD at an autocross or street circuit, not driven to the grocery store. If your mom is looking for a daily driver, and is not interested driving dynamics, driving a manual, or handling characteristics, skip this car.

FWIW, I am seriously considering ditching my G35 for a Focus ST.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

A)Not for my mom
B)The manual is a bonus since she can't drive stick and therefore I HAVE IT ALL TO MY SELF.
C)The streets here are being revamps, so are pretty damn smooth
D) Several racetracks here, I'll get that aspect out of the way.
E)I lived where they shot a scene in Back to the Future 2. Completely random, I had to mention that.
F)I watched a video on how they made superchargers.
G)These alphabet bullet points are amazing.