The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 369 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
From the looks of it, the silver cap is a drain port. So yes, you can add more blocks and what not to it. Personally, I would add another res and make a dual pump system. Also, the connections at the top of the radiator look to be compression fittings. If it is, I may invest in one.

On another note, my friend is getting into bit coin and ziftrcoin; bitcoin in general.

What do you guys recommend he does?

I would suggest he buy a few bitcoins and sit on them, possibly for months or years. They may go nowhere, and he will have lost his money, or they may really take off, and he could end up with a windfall.

Lutfij

Titan
or leaving them in a bank to collect after a few years...

G,
that is an expandable watercooling loop much like the Swiftech H220/220x and the Fractal Kevin series though I presume there will be some pre-requisites since a mix metal loop throws everything except a spanner into the machine cogs :p

Its nice to see the AIO bridging the gap with custom level watercooling loops but I feel customers should read up on watercooling before doing it. Alot of people tend to blame the leak on the placement or a faulty component - though most often its the users error rather than the component.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Friend finished off the build today via skype (the i5 4460 r9 280x micro atx build) and it performs GREAT. The gpu came without anti-static wrap, but it works fine and I helped him overclock and do all the registry editing and disabling page filing to optimize his ssd and what not and he's blown away that compared to rog laptop, this performs way better. I'm still surpruised that he was able to fit an i5 4460, very high quality psu, r9 280x, 1080p ips monitor, gaming mouse and mousepad, and a cherry mx blue keyboard for $1003 after shipping! The only downsides so far to used parts is that it did not come with the i/o shield for the motherboard and the monitor came without the power adapter (the little box for slim monitors), but they shipped it for free and that's coming next week so it's a 1080p 50" tv for now, not a bad thing at all haha.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
DIhXx1j.jpg

jJ6I1Le.jpg

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Haha, the funny thing is we have the same sticker and both ahve 280x's. The 280x was found for really really cheap, and this is quieter than a blower, so hopefully the intake right next to and the exhaust right ontop will help.

Lutfij

Titan
PCbuilder,
share those specs(of your friends build) with us ;) :) Although a budget build, the only thing I see as a downside is the front facing USB ports at the middle of the chassis that are prone to getting hit by the knee or even if your little(toddler) cousin came around and decide to stand upto that rig and move laterally which could be the worst thing as a connected usb device or controller would just rip the ports right off the case.

That and it's just hard for me to get excited about a top mounted PSU, just screams 2006 to me. That and the budget Rosewill cases give you little to no room behind the motherboard for cable management. Would have gone with a different case, quality build for the budget none the less.

TRENDING THREADS