The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 371 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
In typical Corsair fashion, my 300r power LED died. I had this purple one lying around and soldered it in place. Looks goofy, but was a fun 10min project. :lol:

IMG_14641.jpg

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
@bossyfins You might be interested in this cooler.

It's the Rajntek Nemisis/Tisis:

RAIJINTEK-Nemesis-CPU-Cooler.jpg

Performs better than the D-15 but is slightly louder.

http://www.eteknix.com/raijintek-themis-evo-pro-nemesys-cpu-coolers-head-to-head-review/6/

Eteknix said it's the #1 Cooler they ever tested. Right now it's on sale till the 11th at NCIX for only $52, no rebates involved.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=100810&vpn=0R100001&manufacture=Raijintek&promoid=1423

I like where Rajintek is going with their products.

I'm doing some testbed builds, and the first mobo on the bench has a 2-pin PwrLED connector, but the PwrLED cable from the case has 3-pin spacing. Rather than chew up the plastic trying to pluck a pin out and move it, I just put on an old HDD LED I saved.

maxence822

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014

Very honestly, I think I was going crazy looking back on it :p Well I got a nice discount on the CPU and I wanted to see if I could actually aircool it and run it nicely

Many purple leds are a red and blue one, I was asking if you can or can not see it because lets say my external hard drive looks like a blue bar next to a red bar instead of a purple led.

I have some blue leds that are slightly purple so it stands to reason they can make a purple led that does not "separate" when not look at straight on.

Did you have a line resistor on the power led? most of my cases did not have one, I always thought the board limited the current.

The stock LED had a line resistor, yes.
This is a true purple LED, which I thought was interesting because generally purple lights ARE a combination of red/blue.

Thanks for the info tiny. I tend to not like purple leds because of the clear red/blue separation, but an actual purple is sure to be less blinding than blue alone. I think it looks good on your case :)

I was thinking of just going classic red(or even more classic red/green) at some point for power/hdd indicators.