The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 381 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
I might want the room for another 780 Classified. But I don't know. I think I'm going to spend my $110 on a new case. Tired of my 350D, it's kind of stuffy in there. Not optimal airflow for my setup.

The only thing is the 350D fits perfect in the cubby under my desk that I made specifically for when I had an Antec 300.

I should probably put the money elsewhere. Those freaking Newegg deals always get the best of me. We're talking $80 after rebate for that power supply. GAH! SO SWEET!

D

Deleted member 217926

I'm thinking about buying myself one of these for my birthday next month.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L3KNOF4/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687682&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00NCMP7OC&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1QA18ANTQ3ZH1MFAG0BJ

It might be too big for my desk though. 4K monitors don't scale right and I don't want to spend another grand upgrading my graphics cards to drive a 4K monitor. I think my GTX 780 will be fine at least for a while at 2560 x 1440 though. I was looking at the 27' Asus that seems to be extremely popular but I'm not sure 27' will do justice to the resolution.

Anyone here have a 2560 x 1440 monitor?

Edit: My consumerist urges are strong! :p

g-unit1111

Titan

I very badly want to get one, I'm a bit cash poor at the moment. :lol:

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a CM Storm Devastator - good idea? Bad idea?

D

Deleted member 217926

It's 'only' :ange: $630 at Overstock so that helps a bit. I'm not going to spend any more than what that costs but if I keep it for 7 or 8 years it's not a bad investment. Still using a 23' 1920 x 1080 Samsung that's about 6 years old. I figured since I added audiophile grade sound last year this year should be about visuals.

Never used that case or any CM case really. I recommend anyone in the market for a case to check out NZXT's lineup. Nothing but impressed with all of them I've seen and used so far. My Phantom 820 is by far the best case I've ever owned.

Edit: Derp.......it's a keyboard and I'm an idiot. I was looking at the Corsair K95 myself. Just got an M65 RGB and it's a great mouse. My Logitech G15 is starting to show its age. The CM looks pretty good for the price.

You all know my attitude about CM anything. Even their good stuff; I won't give them my money until they've cleaned up their act. Fortunately, their competitors tend to offer better quality too, they're just not as good at advertising it.

RussK1

Splendid

2nd that.

I just got a 20 ton press, slide hammer and Timken seal/bearing kits for a Dana 44. No urges for computer parts.

I am in the market for a simple AMD cpu/board and case.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

I thought you already had a mechanical kb, no?

RussK1

Splendid

Yeah, or something along the likes of an Athlon X4 760/860K.

What are you thinking? Cash/ trade?

Where are you located?

**just PM, I don't want to flood the thread with bartering.

D

Deleted member 217926

Silverstone has made good cases for years. Power supplies as well.

I dont have a 6300 right now :/ Might as well poke around Tom's Deal and hardware swap

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I'm debating whether or not to swap out my 4300 for a better amd one or to go intel at the moment. I mean seriosuly, my cpu maxes out during 4k youtube playback making the video stuttery and unwatchable, something that even the g3258 can do better than this. Something else I've noticed is that intel systems (from a xeon e3 and a i5 4460) that I've used with ssd's is that they seem to usable a LOT quicker when turned on than amd, when I open chrome it just stutters when I open it too soon after bootup, same with a friend with a a10 5700. Really annoying.