The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 388 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Wow, I thought my mom spilled oil on her iphone 5 and it seeped into the screen because part of the color was distorted, but after using it for a few seconds I noticed the lop left had popped out. Turns out the battery expanded. Good thing they replace this for free, though. If this was an android, I'd have to ship it and wait for a week or two, on here I go the next day and it gets fixed. I love android, but this is a pretty good reason to go to iphone.

Oh, and it is quite the "coincidence" that 4 of my family's iphones went defective within 3 months, after around a year and a half.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Apple has been good with their customer relations in my experience. When my Dad bought his shuffle he didn't know how to sync songs with iTunes and went to the store saying it was defective. They gave him a new unit free, no questions asked.

Did the songs sync then?

On another note..

got a new grip for my racket :D

IMG_0019_zps5xkeswvt.jpg

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Nice. My racket it a cheap 20 buck Wilson one(was on sale at Big 5) with light blue Babolat Grip. Racket itself is white and red. Now my little brother, he has a black and yellow Babolat and we got it for about a 100 bucks at tenniswarehouse + my new nightshirt for free :p. I'm outgrowing mine though... Hand's fill out the grip...

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Vacuum.. It's a Eureka one. The bottom of the air filter broke off and got stuck in the lock... The old one was falling apart and I found the replacement in the garage.. It's all good now, although I have a circle of red dots since I used a small screwdriver to open it a little and get some non-stick cooking spray, and I used my hands to jam the thing in there... I need an intake/exhaust... I have one exhaust.. on the font/side of my case..

D

Deleted member 217926

Cool. It shares the same panel as the BenQ BL3200PT. Picked one up after released.

VA so you will have very good contrast and black levels and the out of the box color should be fairly good.
It will have some pixel transitions that are slower(over 40ms for some of the worst case ones).

While I found the slower response to be rather detracting(strange since I have been using a 245t that has to be as slow in many areas), I hope you do like it for the HUGE amount of positive points of the panel.

D

Deleted member 217926

Yeah it was a hard decision between the Samsung and the BenQ. The Samsung has better colors in all the reviews I read but the BenQ has some very good features as well such as blue light reduction. Really came down to the sale price and the fact that my TV and existing monitor ( and smartphone ) are Samsung and I've been nothing but impressed with the brand.

How does gaming look on it?

Gaming looks very good(the black levels on VA always look good and I find this helps on games). Again the slower response times on some pixel color transitions may or may not be noticeable. This varies from user to use.

From what I read, Samsung uses less aggressive overdrive and so should have less overshoot artifacts.

I personally like Samsung products as well.

I have a 144hz BenQ for games now, but it is a hard switch because its default color is not that great. It is fast and has blur reduction(deals with one of the downfalls of LCD, sample and hold.). We are not to CRT levels of motion yet.

D

Deleted member 217926

I just hope my GTX 780 performs as well at 1440p as I think it will. But if not I guess I can reverse my intended upgrade cycle and get a new GPU this year and do everything else next year. Still pretty happy with my overclocked 2600K.

D

Deleted member 217926

I never buy new AAA titles unless it's something I've been waiting on for years. Too many 7 hour disappointments in the past. And I really don't do multiplayer at all either these days either. I imagine I'll be fine for now.

Sorry for not being on here....so busy with school....but now its spring break! Tiny - Yes I REALLY need help in picking an amp, not too big and pricy though!

Nuke - I will go for the lesson :D

BTW I started drivers ed! With my school they have an online FREE 9 week course...they are on the 2nd or 3rd week but Im way ahead on the 7th week XD

On a side note, how do I clean my H100i rad?

Haha thats funny cause I told my mom an hour ago lets go get compressed air to clean the rest of my PC! As for the fans, air too or remove them and dust them out? I clean the filter every two weeks or so.

Lutfij

Titan
You could do with an air blower and a flat paint brush but if the electrical bills would be a headache to deal with compared to buying compressed air then compressed air is the route to take ;)

+ Congrats on learning something new :D