The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 62 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vegetablegod

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014

I actually really like the switches that came with the case. I am just wanting to light of the reset switch.

The titan black is nothing more than a 780ti with 6gb of ram which isnt needed for gaming. Even at 1600p the 780ti has enough power and really wouldnt benefit from the extra 3gb vram unless posibly if you ran them in sli for multi monitor setup. Its just a marketing ploy to try and sucker in the last few remaining people who havent bought into the 700 series yet.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
hhri.jpg
spyn.jpg
oco6.jpg
syr7.jpg

Here the pics. Holy crap the asus card is big! My EVGA was sagging not much, the i'm surprised for asus, they actually fixed a lot of the sagging. I'm happy with the 780 ti, and everything worked fine :)

The monitor is great, it was toooo bright, I had to fix that. The monitor gave me a headache after playing bf4 :L

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

I don't think the titan is even out yet. If you can pay that 1000$ (or more) price tag, go for it lol.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

What's the GPU you have?

I ran furmark and It went up to 70 and no coil whine, which is good. I have the sapphire toxic R9 280x. Fans are at auto set at 30%, should I raise it? I raised it to 30, it was at 20 when i think I heard some coil whine

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

I did a quick google on it, and some people said overclocking the card to make it draw more power should fix the coil whine. Try that out.

Daniel Sudakov - Its gone now. It was not very loud and im 100 % sure not the PSU cause the fan is on auto and isnt spinning, its not the h100i pump, maybe it was the squeaky window but maybe. If I get the sound again, I will try to OC it a bit just so it can go but I dont need an OC now.

My gpu is at 27c :)

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
I had that problem before, I thought it was the evga 770 card, but later on I found out it was the PSU I had, the tx750 from corsair. I didn't mind it since I had a headset, but it got really annoying when I had it on idle and it was doing it. I found a sale for the AX760 and it fixed it :)

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Trying anything would work lol. Yeah, try taking it off hybrid mode. I would try some small OC'ing to see if drawing more power will help.

If you don't mind a small amount of coil whine, I would just leave it if you have a headset while gaming. if you don't like it, and something doesn't work, like I said, I removed my old PSU for a better PSU :) Hope you have your stuff under store return time.

Coil whine can sometimes wear off on a new card. It's usually caused when a card is in an environment where it exceeds a certain number of FPS (well above the monitors refresh rate), like in a lot of menus in games, or the loading screen of Valley. I've read that you can fix or help it, it would be worth a search on the forums.

I cant return anything. Warrtenty passed. One month return and I dont live in the USA where i bought it from. I have Vsync on. It only lasts for a few min. Maybe 2-5. I dont have headhpones.

Coil whine is nor harmful, I would not worry about it.

Also maybe try to change the cpu power plan to max performance to see if it is reduced. Sometimes turning off settings like C1E in the bios may help reduce cpu vrm coil whine at the cost of slightly higher temps.

As for the video card temperatures. Even while using windows the card will clock up and down depending on what it has to do since Windows it self as well as your web browser/media playback programs use the video card to take load off the cpu(hardware acceleration on the desktop they introduced with Vista and newer).