The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
RussK1 - I agree...thats what i want. Have you searched up my monitor? Could you last with it for a few months? Also, I like how you and STICKG1 have a close name. K1 and G1 :p

also, what 70$ max MOUSE do you recommend? Some dont ship to the UAE..I want the steel series rival but that doesnt ship.

RussK1

Splendid

It's 1680x1050 so you're not far off and you're not missing much.

Mouse? I'd opt for the Deathadder. :) It's optical so you won't get the tracking issues that are seen on laser mice. Plus it's light and confortable.

I have people saying dont get a monitor and people saying get one.....Yea I agree with you but its 7 years old, im not sure if its really HD... Ill see :) Its just that the dude who helped me pick the parts for the pc over 6 months is pissed since he said i need a good monitor.

Well you do need a monitor but it sounds like you need quite a few things. Since you already have a working monitor,it would make sense to me for you to get all the stuff that you don't have right now. You can upgrade your monitor later as you save up.

Doesn't the H100i come with something like the SP120's anyway?

Mirakledba, Any are good choices, but I personally would rather have a nice monitor and mouse, and later on OC when the time comes when I need to, I mean there isn't anything you are going to be using your computer for that you really need that OC on the CPU is there? But in the end it is up to you, either way you go has its pros and cons, so whatever you think, personally I would go monitor and mouse. But getting the things you need to OC can be beneficial as well, whatever you want more, OC'd CPU or better visuals from a nice monitor. Like I said I can't make decisions for you, so what are you thinking?

This is the man I said was helping me for months so I really trust his opinions but I am still deciding which I want because my monitor now is still HD and I could've last with it for a few months I really want to the CPU cooler and the SSD as they look really cool and will help a lot. Still tough as THR s2440l would make it look better but 1050 to 1080 P isn't a big difference although I will be buying a 1080 p monitor In thrthr future if I dont get one Now so don't worry but a few more pixels are much better but that or more performance..I'm sure we would all go for the performance

I'm not a madd overclocker like Stick. I'd go for the bigger monitor. I've been happy with inexpensive Logitech mice; none of them have given me any grief. I get models with tilt wheels, because I like the functions I can give it in some of my games. I also would not build a system for myself without a SSD. Liquid cooling is too expensive for the limited performance benefits you get out of it. A custom loop looks great, but is that what you most want, or do you want great performance overall?
For mild to moderate overclocks, a decent but inexpensive air cooler like the Xigmatek Gaia (usuall a little cheaper and a little better than the more often parroted Hyper212 EVO) will be sufficient; it's in the $32-$36 range.

RussK1

Splendid

It would be fine.

Breaking of rules in any section can lead to a ban; some threads are more specific than others and have tighter rules, but the concept remains the same. For example, personal insults, flaming, trolling, spamming, etc. are never tolerated anywhere. Even the News & Leisure section has provoked bans.

Anyway, I believe any LCD monitor will look fuzzy at anything other than its native resolution (or possibly multiples thereof? not sure...).

Informing people that there are rules, and consequences for breaking them, is hardly a threat. Some Moderators are not as lenient as others. For example, 99% of the stains on my banhammer are from spammers. I have discovered, however, that patience is like gasoline; as long as any at all is left, the machine runs. When it's gone, however, the machine stops.

g-unit1111

Titan

Whoa, chill out here. Nobody threatened anybody with being banned here. I was just politely pointing out that we already have this topic of discussion.

Ahh ok here are a few of mine...I need to take better ones but its my baby!

Msi p67a-gd65[b3]
Intel i5-2500k
8gb gskill ram
Cooler Master Haf X
Cooler Master 212 evo
Corsair Hx850
Evga Gtx 780ti classified
Sound Blaster Z

Need a ssd still so im currently shopping for a good one.

I'm not sure what your budget is or what country your in but Newegg had a shell shocker on one of the Sandisk 128GB drives today for $69.99. It's not their fastest model but still a great deal.

@MDXX - see how I put the pictures in a spoiler? Please try to do that next time. I want this thread to be more relaxed, but there is a such a thing as forum etiquette. Quoting several pictures that were just posted is frowned upon. Maybe you didn't know, but now you do. ;)

I need to do a little wire management then I'll snap a few of the inside. I thought about upgrading the cpu and mobo but when I clock it at 4.4 it runs like a champ! So for now just a ssd but im thinking a 256gb for os and a few games.

Oh okay, you're not just new to this forum, you're new to forums in general. That's cool, check out these images.

Of course simply deleting the pictures from your quote would also be perfectly acceptable. As well as just addressing the user you are responding to by mentioning his or her username at the beginning of your post.

All three of these methods are considered proper forum etiquette.

Onus - So an ssd and the dell S2440l. How's that monitor? I just dont know how Im going to get cash As im 14 and Used it on the PC XD Its 333$ That I have but i cant really spend over 250 cause the shipping.

Jul 27, 2013

How's the 780 ti? I'm debating it or a 790. I'm worried I'll run into VRAM bottlenecks at 4k with next gen games with the 780 ti, and I hear the 790 will have 5 GB of VRAM for each GK110 chip.

Jul 27, 2013

LOL I'm 13 and I just built my rig in the sig, too. Lucky, I got a gig that I can get some cash to upgrade from my 660.

Christopher Gonzalez - You're 13 and you have that PC? o_O Thats a NICE rig man. Yeah you REALLY need a new GPU...Dont get the 790....what the hell is the 790? Dont wait. Just get the 780ti man.