The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

I have an Arc Midi R2. Same layout as the R4 just a different front bezel. I could easily fit a 45mm radiator in the top of my case if I wanted. It just comes down a little past a motherboard. The H105 will be fine, just get all your other components installed first then install the cooler.

The H100i will be fine too. I don't know if the H105 is even shipping yet. I haven't even seen reviews for it, and tech reviewers typically get their hands on new items weeks or even months before the consumer does.

StickG1 - The H105 wont Fit :/ Its fine, Ill juts get the h100i, on amazon, the H105 says ships within 2-4 weeks and its 200$ with shipping so NOPE NOPE NOPE :p Ill get the H100i.

Panzer AppleHusky

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Thanks Lutfij for the info. Just wish I didn't have to order any tools. I feel like going down in my work dungeon and starting now lol xD. I've absolutely fallen in love with the paracord sleeving I've seen and can't wait to start.

I feel the same way. I went ahead and ordered the pin extractors (I got MOLEX, ATX, FAN, and 2pin extractors) and a set of crimpers. I've been browsing vendors for a couple of hours, I could essentially get everything I want now but it would be from 4 different vendors. Looking at my shopping carts and shipping quotes, I'd have to pay $40 in shipping for $100 worth of goods. That's why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I have some black paracord already. I used it to sleeve the wires on my custom LED lighting I made to illuminate my case. Not the highest quality sleeving but it works. I can use it to go ahead and sleeve my water pump cables and a couple of fan and front panel cables. Then I will wait for the colors and terminals I want to come back in stock over at Lutro0 before I go balls to the wall making extensions for my GPU and mobo.

Panzer AppleHusky

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Does anyone know where I'd be able to find extra cables for the v700? I'm looking at the connectors online and can't seem to find the specific ones I need for the sata connectors on the PSU end. Wondering if they're some kind of proprietary connector or something.

MDXX - Are you sure that motherboard is compatible since it doesnt say Z87. Wait, Yup it works :) Awesome and congrats! Be sure to remove "Soon to be i5 4570" In the build box. Can we get pics of it when its installed in the case?

MDXX

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Ah forgot to remove that. Thanks. Yeah ill post pics after work tomorrow. Got busy trying to recover itunes music, my dumbself forgot to back it up before i reinstalled windows -_-

Bexx

Honorable
May 9, 2013
2u9qpgj.jpg

Bad picture quality, sorry!

This is what I used for my second ever build on Friday! It was a bit of a squeeze between the PSU, drives and motherboard but it fit :) Not as fancy-pants as most of the builds on here but really good for a bargain budget build!

MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Motherboard
AMD A4-4000 Dual Core
Western Digital Caviar Blue 160 GB
Kingston 4GB DDR3 RAM
LiteOn DVD RW
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit
605 Piano Black Case
Corsair PSU CX430

Bexx

Honorable
May 9, 2013
We don't really need a graphics card but the option is there though I doubt we ever will. Was trying to get everything for £200 ended up on £234 lol Only thing we may need is a fan as the case didn't come with any but we'll keep an eye on temps and see what we think.

Picture coming as soon as Dad comes back home with his phone, mine is having issues at the moment lol Warning about cable management though, it's not great xD You know how those PSU cables are!

Bexx - Great. If you dont need a GPU, forget it, but you do have a main rig since you said this is your second one? Also, I do know how those PSU cables are...but not if they are modular ;)

Bexx

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Yeah I've got my own PC I built last year, specs in my signature. I play a few games but nothing really heavy and it's more than enough for me. This latest build is for my Dad. We just got fibre optic in our area and upgraded but Dad wasn't seeing the benefit on his ultra-painfully slow Dell Dimension 2400 lol! We couldn't afford to spend much so he was pleased as heck when I told him I was going to pay and I've built him one :D

Bexx

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Sure, I've posted them on here before but not in this thread so here we go

72gkeu.jpg

20t3wp4.jpg

r2q9mf.jpg

There was nowhere to tie the cables to so I just had to push them into the corner lol Got a whole new desk, chair, everything at the same time. That keyboard and mouse was temporary though I've had new ones since then.

Bexx - Great Rig! Interesting how the PSU is mounted on top. If you want to liquid cool you might want to switch the PSU down if the case allows it.

+1 for the panda on the case

Bexx

Honorable
May 9, 2013
I wouldn't need to liquid cool I don't think, nothing I do is that extreme to warrant it lol My panda was from when I solely had a laptop with only 2 USB ports so I bought a panda hub. Now I have plenty but can't get rid of him :)

Dad's home...

2804eif.jpg

a2ui2s.jpg

Tried to go around the metal grate so you can see the bad cabling lol

Bexx

Honorable
May 9, 2013
He is :) he doesn't do much on it so I knew it wouldn't have to be powerful or anything. He takes a lot of photos so looks at them on the computer. Watches films but he keeps everything on a 1TB external and it's more of a film quality/monitor thing. He mostly goes online, on facebook playing bejewelled and even that has sped up so he actually has to put effort into it now haha Overall everything is just faster and smoother for him now. Only thing annoying him is all the updates windows is asking to do lol