The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
StickG1 - Perfect! They are yellow ;) In your personal opinion (IGNORE THE LED) Would you use a fractal fan or an AF140 for the back? (note mine is quite edition) Like what will make it run cooler? Better temps.

I would use the AF140, higher CFMs than the Fractals.

Put the spare fractal up front so you have two intakes up there. IIRC your case only comes with 2 fans right?

StickG1 - It comes with two fans, yes, but when I bought the PC parts i got AN EXTRA fractal fan so either way I have 2 fractal intakes, and I got an AF140 for the Top but I got an H100I so the H100i will go on top with the SP120's leaving me with either a fractal in the back or an AF140 in the back and the other one (either fractal or AF140, will go to my brother) Ill see, i might just use the af140.

and by the way, does STICKG1 mean driving shift stick and on gear 1?

Naw, Stick G is a nickname of mine I got when I was a kid. The 1, I'm not really sure. I think it all started in the days of CS and mIRC, someone took my handle because he was jelly of my skills so I just added the 1 instead of fighting with him.

Lol that was a pretty good guess at the meaning of his name! I race cars and didn't even think of that.

StickG1 - So you have a powercolor R9 290? So it didnt matter cause you were gonna add a custom cooler so did you pick the cheapest one? And also, is it better than the r9 280x?

Well yes it's faster than a 280x. A 280x is a rebranded 7970.

I got this card used from a friend. With reference cards, I'm indifferent to the brand. It's all the same card from AMD, the only difference is the companies sticker on the fan, and the companies own packaging.

Some of the companies opted to put their own BIOS revisions on the reference cards as well.

StickG1 - Of course its faster than the 280x! I meant 290x. Is it faster than the 290x?

(Just wanted to break the awkward silence on here today :3 . My Amazon order says "Shipping now" After that it'll say shipped so then i can track it)

Also, what is the 290x/290 a rebrand of? 7990 or just a completely different card? I know the 280x is a 7970 but I like to think the toxic one is slightly faster due to the higher clocks, the fact that im going to OC, and mantle.

Oh Ok. Well that makes sense. So when I build my PC, do you guys want pics right away or after I set up the corsair link to make the LED red and stuffs? And Can I also take a pic of the whole desk with everything on it or only the PC?

Its because all of this chit chat and I STILL haven't got my PC! :p My brother should be shipping it today! :D after purchasing it in November First and getting to him on the November 8TH! its finally going to come <3333

How long do things typically take to ship over there?

Also, I added Dubai to the world clock on my phone so I can see what time it is over there. Are you in Dubai or Abu Dhabi? Or somewhere between. Embarrassing as it may be, those are the only two cities I've ever heard of in UAE.

SitckG1 - Haha xD I live in Abu Dhbai. I lived in al ain for 7 years and here in abudhbi for 2 years. I moved to the UAE in 2005. My brother said it that fedex said it would take 2 weeks minumum to ship here with standard shipping. And that is what we are probably going to do.

And just for some adding to knowledge, the 7 emirates in UAE are Dubai, Abu dhabi (Capital) Sharjah, Ras al Khaima (RAK), Ajman, Um al quawain and Fujairah. Dont worry, when I moved here I didnt even know it existed...To be honest. Being here for 8 years, Ive only been to Dubai, Sharjar, Abu dhabi and al ain. Lol And to clear things up ,I AM NOT from the UAE. I was born in california and Im american/Palestinian. Yes, I have 2 passports ;)

UPDATE: Abu dhabi has the same time as dubai so dont worry about it.

I wonder if my PCB of my motherboard is black cause with people taking pics with flash ,it looks brown. I took a look at mine (I only care about how it looks in person) and it looks black...I hope so.

Yeah but I will take my pictures without flash. But in person I think its really black....so scared to pull it out...it comes out when the Case comes ;) You cant static shock a PSU right? I think not just never looked into it....