The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
IMG_0001_zps4d9aa8d8.jpg

IMG_0004_zps646da5b6.jpg

I would just leave it along as long as it is not in the way of anything(does not look to be).

As for overclocking. When you are comfortable with it go for it, but remember if you take it too far, you know hardware is hard to replace with your current location.

As long as the performance is good for you, I would stick at stock until you NEED this extra power.

No, CPU can wait a bit, I meant GPU. Should i just OC it using msi after burner? Cant be too hard.. Core clock to 1240 and memory at 1750. Someone with my GPU got that. Should I try...? And IF you say yes, whats a good benchmarking software?

No 2 gpus overclock the same. You would have to take it a bit at a time. Some people use games as benchmarks since things like furmarks will clock down the card anyway.

Also with the newer cards you have to deal with the power limits.

It is very important to know that your selected clock speed will ONLY run if the card can do it within power and temperature limits. and boost already does a pretty good job at stock.

Squeezing every bit of performance is something you do when you can afford to make a mistake.

You're right....Ok I guess. I just dont want this CPU cooler to go to a waste with that 100$. I will oc when I feel safe doing so. But Should I not jump to 4.4 right away and start with 4? as for the voltages, ....What does it start off at and whats the max you'd go and not go above?

I would try to stick as close to stock voltage as you can.

Some boards will do this without you telling them to, while other may increase it when you try to change the clock speed.

Something like CPU-Z should be able to see your voltage(run prime95 while checking). Now when you overclock if it is going way over that, you may need to set a negative offset to get it back to the point you want to see it. Many guides will cover offset vs fixed voltage for overclocking.

The cooler is not going to waste since it is cooling the cpu the way you want it too and can do it quietly with the right fan settings.

I know you are so eager to overclock but honestly it is just a hobby. It is not really for performance gains with your hardware as it sits. You will see little to no performance gains from your system after overclocked because it can already max pretty much every game no problem. I would just leave everything be until it shows its age in a few years. That is when overclocking really comes into play. Until then, it is just for fun.

I would take more time to read about it and how it works and what it does.

Personally I do not like the case. That's an opinion though. Your cable management looks pretty decent and aside form little nit-picky things like fan wires and That your GPU power cables are "technically" incorrect it looks great!

I agree. I've never really been a fan of "normal" builds in big huge cases.

I actually prefer stuffing a ton pf high end parts into a tiny case. It is more impressive in my eyes.

This was my build a while ago. 2x gtx560 SLI both overclocked and an overclocked CPU all in a small mATX case. Never even had heat issues.

p9am.jpg

Guys, They called and said you have to wait till april 24. It was confirmed. You guys...look, I had all the parts but November 8th, Do I REALLY need to wait more?

Also Tiny, What do you mean by "technically"" incorrect? BTW, I Fixed the GPU power cables to one and its neat.

Thanks tiny :) by the way, This case isnt HUGE in person but it sure isnt small...I thought it would be much bigger. Happier it is a bit smaller. Any idea how I can improve the cabling from the front?

azzazel_99 - You got it wrong. It comes with 3 fans....2 side fans that are 140mm and one rear 140mm fan....Well my GPU that is normally hot to people (temp wise) is 30c....My Cpu is 27c. Want a pic of the two front fans? Ill show you. I have a total of 5 fans in there.

No it has 2 INTAKES in the front BLOWING STRAIGHT on to my GPU and mobo and ram literally like 14mm away and straight out the top and rear. Magnetic dust filter is VERY nice. IN THE FUTURE i will replace those 2 front with 3 AF120mm fans

b7pYQLZ.jpg

Oh you meant SIDE fans? Derp. Yes, It doesnt have side fans...most cases dont. But it has 5 fans and the 2 front go straight on. Plus, I hate fan cut outs on sidepanel windows.

I have 2 more fans....is there any other mount for it or can this case only take 5...