The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 90 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

pretty much. Just a new TIM and hopefully a better cooler, though I doubt it.

Lutfij

Titan
Onus - Galaxy have a 750Ti low profiled pcb GPU in their stock. You might want to check it out. Also snag the low profile bracket since they no longer include it as an accessory in the box.

Here ya go,
http://store.galaxytechus.com/GALAXY-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-GC-Slim-2-GB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-30-DVIHDMIVGA-Graphics-CardbrbrFree-Gift-150-In-Game-for-Warface-Path-of-Exile-and-Heroes-of-Newerth_p_90.html

http://store.galaxytechus.com/Low-profile-bracket-set_p_63.html(i think this should fit, I think)

:)

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Upgraded to windows 8.1

Man what a stressful night (WHERE THE HELL ARE THE DRIVERS! NO DRIVERS FOR INTERNET BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK ON WINDOWS 8.1)

And another stressful morning. Left my computer all night to download my games, woke up at 6:30am and le computer was sleeping.....forgot to turn off sleeping mode D:
So, left it all day before college and work to let them download.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Yeah haha, since I only have my desktop, I had to invade my dads computer to download the qualcomm drivers.

So far so good, and i just remembered.....forgot to install malwarebytes antivirus on my computer.....

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

v 2.0 or something similar just came out. New UI and the works.

I also have 8.1 pro and I love it. I just realized that when I graduate in December I won't have access to student software prices. We get some crazy discounts:

8.1 home - $40
8.1 pro - $70
Photoshop CS6 full - $100
We also can get many video and audio editing programs like final cut pro, FL studio, adobe premier elements, Sony vegas, etc. for under $50.

And no these are not trial versions or limited time use copies. They are full editions of the programs with no limitations.

I'm going to miss this. I'll probably buy a couple copies of windows before I graduate. :D

mathieub

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014

I know your feels, but for me its working at my electronics store, in a couple months hopefully ill be in the army, so im going to miss paying store prices

GTX770's for 320,
i7 4770k's for 250

:p

Darth Rache

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Ok guys i updated my rig....again here are the specs and some pics.
awD7w7s.jpg

agmXTP9.jpg

F2sOuLV.jpg

Looks great! I always wanted to get an interesting colored motherboard like the G1.sniper and do a neat colored build. I'm so tired of blue/red boards. I wish companies would make more interesting boards that are not $180+ like the yellow/orange boards offered by MSI and Gigabyte.

Darth Rache

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

I completely agree with you on that. That board is about the most affordable colored board.

Guys Im a little worried...In 1 month I will be going to the US for 5 months, might stay there, might not. I cant keep my PC here...I have ALL BOXES for all parts... Just worried how im gonna work it all out :S

It's liquid-cooled, with a CLC? You don't need to remove that, but if you've got a tower cooler, you'll want to take that out so your mobo isn't torqued to death should the PC get bounced around.
Make sure your hard drive(s) are screwed in, not just attached with toolless mounts; those WILL shake loose, possibly killing the drive or snapping off its SATA and/or power connectors.

Tiny - Erm....I dont think my dad wants to pay 1000 dollars to ship something While looking for a new job so we can waste money that way.....I might do what my brother did t bring the parts here....Pack all PC parts in their original packing (but the CPU will stay in the mobo, is that ok? Or do i remove it?) put them all in a Suite case and take them with us.....SHIP the PC case.

Onus - Read my above post. How does that sound? I mean RE building the PC isnt an issue....I will do so but We cant ship the whole PC with the parts inside cause its gonna be a lot of money...what do you guys reckon?