The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 221 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vegetablegod

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014

Thanks!

I ordered it early on Friday and paid for next day Saturday delivery.

g-unit1111

Titan

Oh man I very badly want to get a GTX 970, which I will be doing in the next couple months.

PCbuilder, is this the PSU you have?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171094

That is the VSM Tier 2a Enhance OEM'd unit. I confused it with the V series units (700, 850, 1000, 1200) which are tier 1 and Seasonic OEM'd. I was looking for 750w units and wondered how you liked it. I also have a tier 2a unit, but this is not for me. A friend can pick one up for $50 open box and I wanted to see if you were happy with the cable lengths.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Yeah, I have the vsm (v series semi modular). For my mid tower the cable length area great and all the modular cables are ribboned black flat cables which are REALLY nice. The fan is completely inaudible in under a 50% load and the thing looks really good looking. I have had 0 problems with it and it has a 5 year warrant with both way costs covered. The only gripe is the PCI cables, 8 pin motherboard and 24 pin have the ugly exposed cables but overall really nice unit.

Lutfij

Titan
I don't know about you guys but I am super excited about eh announcement from Corsairs camp about the TKL RGB! They have answered my prayers...and my thread I opened up on Corsair's support forum :D

Over the moon right now!

g-unit1111

Titan

I want a K70RGB so badly right now - all the pictures I've seen of it look so bad ass. Unfortunately it's not cheap. :lol:

I did finally get the Audioengine A2s that I wanted and they sound amazing, here they are in action:

IMG_0987.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
You're table top looks like beige with all the white around it. you know what? You're entire setup would pop on a picture and seem more warmer if you replaced table top with a slab of pine/oak or if you're lazy get a butcher block top from Ikea...

Right about now, the K65 RGB exclusively sold on BestBuy will be the perfect addition to my Compact Splash build log...:)

g-unit1111

Titan

The cabinets were custom made so there's not a lot I can do about that, nor can I remove that ridiculously long phone cord that's sitting on the floor taking up space. I guess I could just cut it with a knife since everything we use is wireless now. :lol:

g-unit1111

Titan

I think that phone cord was installed back in the days of dial up modems, when we switched to cable internet we had no need for cords, and I still don't get why we needed a cord that long. :lol:

Lutfij

Titan
It will give a back ache but the best route would be to find the source of the cable and put it out of its misery. It would also serve you right to remove an unused wire running under the carpet :)

I did an entire rewiring on one of my houses and it took me a while regarding the routes. The miracle of going wireless means less wires to make you kiss the floor :D

Rammy

Honorable
Ah crap, could have spotted that one for you. Even the 450W Capstones are 170mm long I think.
You can extend the PSU area either by modding or by pushing the PSU slightly out of the back of the case and holding it in place with extenders/washers.

ImDaBaron

Admirable
May 26, 2014

Ah it's ok...it was my fault for not putting it in my build to see if was compatible on pcpartpicker. I just assumed it was the same length as the others. In any case I'll either return it or swap it with my brother's M12 620W Seasonic that I gave him.

g-unit1111

Titan

Oh god that reminds me of a scene from that show The Office where Jim puts a mysterious cord on Dwight's computer, and he pulls it up, and it goes around the office, down the stairs, out the building and up an electrical pole, and Jim says to the camera "Don't worry, he'll make it back down. I did." :lol:

RussK1

Splendid
I have no desire for the 970/980 or the newer Intel stuff for that matter. I think I've came to fork in the road where I won't upgrade unless completely necessary. Essentially, I'm content with what I have...