The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 251 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
s4 and kindle both have locked bootloaders, meaning no custom ROMS. s4 is real bad and no root for my bootloader, I tried with different methods, all with a soft brick and screwing up the flash counter. was a pain in the @$$. The KINDLE HAS BEEN ROOTED, but no ROMS due to my little brother on it and me not really wanting a ROM yet since there is no development going on the HDX. I might plan to put cynanogen on it next weekend if I can find a firmware for odin.

As for the get/cm, I have known of that since day 1, but it can only work on a few phones, none of which I have. Sorta drooling over the new 2016 Camaro at the Nurburgring...

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Verizon s4 bootloader has not been unlocked, I've tried several times, with different methods(even that one), all result in a kernel panic with Samsung software(and verizons) locking the device knowing that I am trying to break their security.. There is a bounty for about 4+K on the bootloader... Flashing an older, unlocked firmware results in a brick as well. The kindle is a device that noone has done any development on, and I don't exactly have time in the next week to start looking. Root is enough for now on the kindle.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
sYgVo4D.jpg

psCu0p7.jpg

Ouch?

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
It's for a gift since I may or may not be in Cyber Patriot(this year)... it depends on stuffs. We will have other tournaments as well, with a chance for proper prizes(ex a laptop that is "secured" by our teacher, who has really done some nice stuff with windows 8.1 to make it real hard for any virus)

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Just ordered a Noctua NH D15 from amazon! I was close to getting the U14s, but it was going to be 100$ in total after check out, decided why not and spend 20$ more on a better cooler. Ordered it to come tomorrow, and that's my day off at work :D

That tiny stock cooler has been getting annoying. 3 hours of CS:Go, and the thing was starting going full blast at 50c lol. But damn it was heating up my room.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I'm looking to switch out the Hyper 212 in my Dark Knight rig but I'm having a hard time deciding which cooler I want to use. I'm thinking about the Prolimatech since I already have a fan that I use.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Yeah, I was actually thanking the PC for making my room hotter lol. It was cold for 2 nights, and my hands were getting cold. It also snowed here in Canada as well, glad to see winter is coming (Not really) but I had to beg my PC to warm up my room.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

I like the Hyper 212 evo. My brother's build has it, and that thing is quiet.

I think I have saw a brand like that before, and their fans look similar to another brand, but I forgot their name. They had a white background, and the letter were in neon rainbow colours.

g-unit1111

Titan

Not that there's anything wrong with it, it gets the job done but after replacing the included stock fan with a Cougar TC12, I have found that the stock fan is extremely weak in quality compared to others that you could buy, plus my 212 Evo has been in multiple systems now and it looks very worn out. I want to try and push the 4670K past 4.0GHz and I think with a different cooler I should be able to do so.

g-unit1111

Titan

I've never had a D14/D15 before but I do want to keep my Dark Knight rig on air cooling so I'm definitely weighing my options between that and the Phanteks. The Phanteks is cheaper which would give me the option of getting the extra fans I want, but on the other hand, the D14/D15 is the D14/D15. Decisions decisions. :lol:

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Yep. Hard to beat the quality of the D-14/ D-15. The Phanteks should also be a great option as well.

The only thing I dislike about the Noctua is the color scheme. I'm probably going to dye the fans to match the motherboard I get.

Then again the beige/maroon defines it as a Noctua... idk I'm going to have to wait and see how it looks.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

The cost of that would be more then the D15, because of the fans themselves would cost close to the cooler lol.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Looks good! But yeah, that fan really sticks out lol.

My Define R4 doesn't have a window, so I wouldn't see the heatsink and fans :)

TRENDING THREADS