The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 360 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Well, looks like my top choice is a focus. Wanting to get up too 5 choices under 15k. I NEED to convince my mom to go for a used car. I don't understand getting a new car for the first car. I'm bound to get keyed at school or somewhere else... I COULD keep the TL, but I can't fit in the driver's seat very well. I've tried, many times with the seat lowered, and my head hits the roof. xD

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Wendell's face was actually regularly showed in the old Tek's and in general look at ~2012 vids for the most part.

Also, one of my friend bought three ssd's in hope to get one of the larger ones like alot of people are doing, but he got the mx100's vs the m550's, so he has some spare ssd's so hes building a hackintosh to sell.

How does this look? It's all compatible with os X and the motherboard works with the cpu. He already has a 128gb crucial ssd (three, haha) and I'm selling him an old working dell oem power supply for cheap.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1EEFOSGQEMPJ2/ref=cm_wl_huc_view

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Looks great to me. Although for $10 more (post rebate) I would definitely go with this H97 mITX board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157526&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Comes with a built in wifi adapter too.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

I totally agree, but my mom is insistent on a new car because the Escalade(again, long story, It'll be a couple of paragraphs) and the TL were used, and something before I was born possible? Although, I think she will drive it more :p.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

CPO mobo. Buy it like that, and tell them that you used it, therefore it is used. xD

Wow, I missed a lot in the last few days...

On Skyrim arrows, aren't they magnetically drawn to knees?

On new cars, given that your Mom wants reliability, check out Hyundai, which has an outstanding warranty. They are also inexpensive cars, but tend to be well-equipped compared to competitors'.

...and now that I'm at work, I can't see what had to have been some interesting pictures. Oh well.

I used a Line-M for my father's PC. It has drawbacks, but is not a bad case. Among other things, it is able to mount a pair of 3.5" drives plus a SSD, which is one drive more than some cheap mATX cases can hold. It is a very open case though; I attached cardboard to the side to block the fan holes. It has good front-to-back airflow.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
How much would this Asus 7950 sell for?

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/HD7950DC2T3GD5/

I'm thinking of selling my card (not here). I really don't play games anymore besides League of Legends and that can run at Ultra on my 9800GTX+.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
That's what I was thinking. I put it up f/s on my local cl for $140 but so far have been offered $100 or less, which I didn't accept. Just got an offer so I'll ask for $120 and see what they say.