The mods just deleted my thread and I was banned for a reason I don't believe to be valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zionosis

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
So this is the question and I get the feeling the same mod that banned me is now removing all my messages pertaining to this. Some mod just deleted my thread before this which didn't break the rules at all. But they deleted it (probably because it was critical of the mod's behavior on here).

So I was banned by a mod who claimed that typing (I won't type it because then the mods apparently will delete this message if this is legit and is actually against the rules).

W Tee Eff. You know the initialism I mean. Well I apparently typed that in some message and a mod claims it's vulgar and then banned me for 5 days for it?

Are mods on here accountable? Does anyone watch what they do and make sure they aren't on power trips just banning people that they don't like? I mean if a mod was to do that then who would find out above them and remove them from being a mod? Is there activity even reviewed or are they just given free roam to do anything?

Also I have copy and pasted this into a text document in case the mod deletes this also. This is a bit joke worthy. I might make a video exposing this actually. Now that I mention the video and youtube the mods probably will behave maybe.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
I'm usually the guy providing the oversight these days. If you'd like to make a video of things, by all means, please do.

Looked at the deleted complaint thread, as well as the original deleted thread. You can claim you never went back to the original thread, but the edit history clearly shows you having gone back to edit it (multiple times) following the moderator's initial edit. Now, we don't keep track of what each edit looked like, but we do know you went back to it.

I don't know if you used profanity, but I would have deleted that thread myself for a few reasons.

1) Your various responses in that thread consisted mainly of you just calling other users "fail".
2) The thread held little value. You created it, I assume, for the purposes of getting others' opinions. However, your behavior in that thread showed clearly that you had no interest in that, because all you do is insist other people are wrong and insult them. Generally, we'd call that "trolling".
3) Overt talk of piracy, which, as stated by the forum rules, is strictly prohibited.

The thread held little value, was turning into a flame war, and broke a number of rules. You were warned by a moderator about the instance; it is not our job to know whether you to check your PMs. If you were warned, did not reply, and continued to cause trouble, all we can do is assume that the warning was ignored, in which case a ban is issued--completely justified. You ban was also repealed shortly after, because you were banned on 3/13/14 and were posting again by 3/25/14, so I'm not even entirely sure what the complaint, at this point in time, is for.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Please see the PMs I sent you earlier. If any of this isn't clear, let me know and I'll explain further.

Your only ban that I can see... is in March? Why did you wait until now to complain?

If it was spelled out and not just the acronym, WTF would be against the profanity rules. We have minors on here.

You're free to post whatever you want on youtube, but my guess is you'd be laughed at and/or ignored.

We have to many mods and too much spam to effectively review every action a mod takes. However, if stuff is brought up repeatedly, you can be kicked out. I believe it's happened at least twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS