[SOLVED] THE most comfortable headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illusineer

Reputable
Feb 24, 2019
for long hours of use on a PC (8-12hours), no budget limit. comfort first, sound second. my current headphones (MHP-839) give me a headache after a few hours of use, so I'm looking for some new ones to permanently remedy this. thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
No answer for that.

Comfort is subjective.

Overall, it is likely a matter of ergonomics - most products these days include (rightfully so) some guidelines regarding proper usage to prevent the side effects of over use.

Generally the guidelines provide some limit with respect to constant use.

Headache - what about staring at the monitor? What is your job (rhetorical question) - is the job stressful?

My suggestion is that you need to take some breaks with respect to those 8 -12 hours on a PC.

Headaches may become the least of your worries.....

illusineer

Reputable
Feb 24, 2019
I take very frequent breaks, around every 30-60 minutes. I am confident it is my headphones because the pressure in my head seems to relieve itself as soon as they're off my head. In addition to that they insulate my ears and make them hot in warmer weather. Never have this problem with earbuds, but my preference is headphones. I'm mainly looking for something that is very light and doesn't feel like they're trying to burrow into the side of my head.

for long hours of use on a PC (8-12hours), no budget limit. comfort first, sound second. my current headphones (MHP-839) give me a headache after a few hours of use, so I'm looking for some new ones to permanently remedy this. thanks.

One of the first things I saw when I looked up those headphones is "Low comfort, fairly durable" so likely 80% of headphones you pick will be better to use.

Those headphones you have now are pretty cheap, is your "no budget limit" really that? There are many options under $100 and many over. Personally I got a set of Philips SHP9500 and they are light and easy to wear, although not everyone will like their sound. Another option for under $100 is the Arctis 3 or 5, both have good sound and are light and easy to wear, clamp is light.

D

Deleted member 217926

No but the 558 and 598 are discontinued. You can get the 599 SE from Amazon for $150ish. It's the same as a non SE except for the color scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.