The Most Demanding Game For PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metro 2033 is said to be a system killer, as well as Crysis. Even if Crysis was released back in 2007, it still has some nice graphics. Mods for Crysis makes the game even more demanding.
Crysis 2 with the DX11 + High res texture pack makes it a system killer.

skymen

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
I heard that GTA IV also drows System especially with new mod ( iChaner, i dont remember name). But that mod is reborn GTA IV again. With regard to Crysis 2, I was playing in DX9 at MAX settings on 1280x1024 (thats my resolution) without a problem on ATI Radeon 4850 PowerColor 1GB.

squareenixx

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
Well if you use graphics mods with crysis it is the most taxing.

But also as a standard non modded game Metro 2033 is also very taxing.

Funny thing is Crysis is understandably taxing because it looks very nice but Metro 2033 doesn't look good enough for how hard it is to run. Well Cryengine is superior so thats probably why.

are you speaking of utilized graphical power to achieve a desired result that requires beefy hardware to play, or it uses your cpu and gpu to the point that your temps run high because it is poorly optimized? Dead island brings the temps on my PC higher than I've ever seen.... It was just poorly made for PC. That doesn't mean its strenuous on my system for any valid reason imo

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
I would say Crysis or Metro.

Crysis has all that dynamic vegetation (that no other game has really had as much of).

If you mess around with the CryEngine2 editor, you can really get a feel for how much it (vegetation) kills FPS. You can build an environment typical of something like COD or BF (mostly static buildings, low vegetation density, etc) and get really high FPS - - but you start throwing in a lot of beautiful waving plant-life - give it dynamic shadows, high-res textures, long draw distances, etc, and you'll bring everything to a screeching halt.

Everybody thinks CryEngine2 is so terribly "unoptimized," but it certainly doesn't seem like that to me - - you have to consider the kind of environment that's being rendered. The Metro engine doesn't have any of this large-scale dynamic stuff to deal with and it still seems to really pull things down.

pckitty4427

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
I don't know if it's as demanding as Metro 2033, but Microsoft Flight Simulator X is very demanding on the CPU. A 4.2GHz i5-2500K can only give you just over 20FPS sometimes (ie. over busy airports with settings maxed).

CPU666d1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

Yeah! Vetetation alright,you'll vetetate all day long when you play that game. :lol:

skymen

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
METRO 2033 Is the King of the PC System killers... METRO: LAST LIGHT comes out 2012... That is very nice. Also a new STALKER. Fallout 4 maybe, who know. They are the best Apocaliptic games :)

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

My stokage level is unbelievably high for the next STALKER.

i guess no1 plays arma 2. maxed out it will crumple any system worse than crysis 2 or metro 2033. maxed out and i mean everything turned up and on. arma 2 gives between 4 and 7 fps on my system while both crysis 2 and metro are still in the high teens early twenties.

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Or just plain bad coding, to begin with. Having a top-of-the-line system, and looking at some of the better looking games benchmarks on Tom's, and getting some poor frames even on those, it kind of defeats the idea of creating a game that can never be run at full potential. I mean why even bother in the first place? And that "bad port" issue really starts to sound old, and I am not really sure it's an excuse any more.

not really. they have a lot of nice features for lighting. but they are really only usefull in the immediate draw distance... with arma you can extend that distance so far it causes extreme load on the gpu. in metro for instance ambient oclusion is used fro a maximum of about 50 yards. while in arma 2 the draw distance can be in the kilometers range. applying the same shading across the whole map as if it was in the immediate area... thus the card crumpling performance.... its not that the game is poorly coded. its just that it can be made to apply ridiculous settings well above the performance envelop of any current card.

Status
Not open for further replies.