[SOLVED] The most Ram frequency & GB

jazzyanne

Prominent
Dec 21, 2019
Need help so I can get this build finished and move forward with DAW projects.
Straight question so I can press the buy button on the keyboard;
What brand, model, highest frequency and capacity RAM, can I use with a Asrock X570 Taichi and Ryzen 3950X cpu?
I have Gskill, TridentZ F4-3200C16Q-128GTZR running fine at 3200 with XMP. I want the most it will do, 4000mhz?
I have worn myself out in the search and thinking this through.:rolleyes:
Appreciate the help.

Solution
Thanks for responding. I knew all that. I'm trying to see if anyone has a similar build and what luck they've had with higher speed ram with my combination.
Since you know all that, then I will add that no two system are exactly the same...since components have slight variations.
I have built two systems with similar components and I was not able to get the same exact speed on both.

Memory speed isn't everything, since you need to take in consideration the interconnect Infinity Fabric.
So having the RAM and Infinity Fabric in sync at the same input clock speed (1:1) gets the best results.
Faster RAM speed, not in sync, might introduce latency that could result in lower overall system performance.
Getting faster stable RAM...

jazzyanne

Prominent
Dec 21, 2019
Thanks for responding. I knew all that. I'm trying to see if anyone has a similar build and what luck they've had with higher speed ram with my combination.

Since you know all that, then I will add that no two system are exactly the same...since components have slight variations.
I have built two systems with similar components and I was not able to get the same exact speed on both.

Memory speed isn't everything, since you need to take in consideration the interconnect Infinity Fabric.
So having the RAM and Infinity Fabric in sync at the same input clock speed (1:1) gets the best results.
Faster RAM speed, not in sync, might introduce latency that could result in lower overall system performance.
Getting faster stable RAM to work, might required to tinker with RAM timings and CPU Infinity Fabric and that could get messy and it will be up to the quality of the CPU.
I have not been able to get the Infinity Fabric above 1900MHz, when having several CPUs and different RAM kits available.
Increasing speed did not yield the results I was expecting since a 3200MHz kit with tight timings was performing very close.

Working with ASRock motherboards, I had the best stability with 2 RAM modules from G.Skill (TridentZ Neo) @ 3600MHz (CL16). Faster RAM did not yield any increase in performance in real tasks.

Reactions: jazzyanne
Solution

TRENDING THREADS