The motherboard for me (?)

Tony FahlerZ

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
I am buying new parts to create my new gaming rig, and now it's time for the motherboard, I will be running i5 4670K @ 4+ GHz, gtx 770 @ around +200mhz of factory clocks. And I wonder what motherboard of the z87 series would suit best for this.

For a while I was def. going MSI's gaming mobo, but then I read some "horror stories" if you can call them that, which say no to buying it. What's so wrong with their mobo and will a GB serve me as well/ better for lag free/problem free gaming?

Are the problems with MSI just practical or will I have a ticking time bomb if I chose to go with their "OC" mobo?

Solution
Some MSI Z87 GD65 gaming boards have defective memory slots, while Z87 G45 gaming doesn't. As for specific board, it depends on your budget, and actual goal with OC-ing your new CPU, since 4ghz+ could mean 5ghz or even higher. And yes the Killer LAN controller MSI gaming boards have do help stable/reduce ping in online games ( mostly stable features. Reducing ping feature works only when you download/streaming something from the internet while playing online games. In those situations, Killer LAN controller will leave most internet bandwidth for your game, to ensure that your ping won't increase ). I find Z87 G45 gaming a great board within its price range.
Some MSI Z87 GD65 gaming boards have defective memory slots, while Z87 G45 gaming doesn't. As for specific board, it depends on your budget, and actual goal with OC-ing your new CPU, since 4ghz+ could mean 5ghz or even higher. And yes the Killer LAN controller MSI gaming boards have do help stable/reduce ping in online games ( mostly stable features. Reducing ping feature works only when you download/streaming something from the internet while playing online games. In those situations, Killer LAN controller will leave most internet bandwidth for your game, to ensure that your ping won't increase ). I find Z87 G45 gaming a great board within its price range.

Solution