The Motherboard tier list

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've gone through the "understanding the tier list" section, you'd acknowledge the fact that Red, Gold, Black, etc represent brands and not ranks. The color reference key has been provided in each individual sister article as well. There is no individual ranking inside the tier.

So far, excellent work! Serious amount of work gone into it.

A few points so far.

1. Any progress on adding the Biostar TA970?
Its among my favourate budget choices.

2. Other AM3+ chipsets (880G/ 760G/ etc)

You may want to make it more clear that FX8xxx CPUs should not be paired with it. :)
Maybe add it to the top in red?

Ok Meteors, I know you've been working on it, and have several other projects going on as well, but I need those LGA 1155 chipset boards added. No excuses. Nah, just kidding. It would be good to see some of those go up when you have a chance though as I see requests and questions about them pretty often. There are still a lot of people using systems with some of the older i7's that maybe have OEM Dell and HP boards and want to upgrade to an aftermarket board for various reasons like the poor storage controllers and lack of VRM cooling on a lot of those other boards. When you get some time I for one would like to see some of those get listed. Thanks bud.

Like I said, I haven't seen the author around on Tom's for some time and I'm not sure that will happen. If he is just on hiatus and comes back, I'm sure he'll get around to it. I know he had some things going on in his personal life the last time I spoke to him so I guess we'll just have to wait and wish for the best. For him and for the tier list.

If you read the previous posts, you'll understand as I already said that meteorsraining, who created and maintained the motherboard tier list, has been missing in action for a while now. Hopefully he'll get back around to working on this again but at this point, I don't have an idea one way or another if that will happen or not. Sometimes "real life" throws things at us that take precedence over hobbies like this, and that might be the case here as we've not heard from him at all in a while.

If you happen to read this meteors, hope you and family are all well and you are just doing what you need to do. We definitely miss your contributions around here.

Lokesh_Dev

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
I planning to buy a LGA 1151 socket mobo for pure gaming experience. Which mobo will be great among ASUS z170 pro gaming or MSI z170 M5 ?? If there is some other mobo which is having good performance and stability suggest me that as well and my budget is not beyond $180.

My specs are

i5 6600k
MSI R9 390 8GB Gaming Edition
8GB DDR4
H100i extreme cooling
Corsair RM 750
Cooler Master tropper v2

Status
Not open for further replies.