[SOLVED] The Mystery of the Three Wireless Game Pads

Lucky01

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
I have three Saitek P2900 2.4 GHz wireless game pads from around 2005. I really like this controller because the size and shape work well with my disability. (For clarity sake, I will refer to them as The Original, The Sequel and Reginald the Third.)

The Original is the only one with a remaining dongle. It's the one I have been using all this time. But I was curious. So the idea was to turn off The Original, take out the batteries, and see if the USB dongle from The Original would work using The Sequel or Reginald.

At first, neither The Sequel or Reginald would work. The indicator on the controller would flash green as though no dongle was connected to the USB port. Then, Reginald started working.

When I tried to switch back to The Original, now it was this controller that would only flash green. Restarting, turning on and off the game pads, taking out the batteries, shutting off the computer didn't help.

Does anyone know what's going on or how I can more seamlessly switch between the controllers in the event that one stops working?

I could be wrong but I think this is the manual for the dongle: https://fccid.io/QIWPP19-2/User-Manual/User-Manual-595179

Thank you.

(For reference, I am using Windows 10.)

Solution
I don't see anything in the manual about how to pair the transmitter with different controllers, but there is something about a programming software that may work, try finding that and installing it.

Those controllers are also on eBay if your fail.
I don't see anything in the manual about how to pair the transmitter with different controllers, but there is something about a programming software that may work, try finding that and installing it.

Solution

Lucky01

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012

Thank you for your reply. For the sake of anyone out there randomly browsing for Information on the same controller, it turns out you can pair the same dongle to multiple controllers.

Two steps, which involve uninstalling something in Windows called the USB wireless receiver. Then, it also turns out there is a scan button on the controller.

Thank you, again, everyone!