The never ending problem

paulmidas

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Hi

So i bought a new motherboard and i7 processor..
fitted them and they dont work..guy i bought them off said it was PSU..so bought new PSU..same problem then he said the PSU isnt powerful enough..got another PSU...still same problem..then said it was the RAM bought new RAM..Still same problem,,,even bought new chaise..
The computer turns on for a brief a second and turns on in a loop
if i take the 12 AX out it turns on and keeps running..
Anyone know what could be wrong/??
to make matters worse..my old motherboard that i replaced and put back in now that doesnt work

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
return them and buy from someplace like newegg?

what exact motherboard and processor is it..

what power supplies?

what memory

cant use generic terms or you will get generic answer.

paulmidas

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
gigabyte x58 usb
i7950
coasair 3gb
also got generic cheap ram still same problem
im returning it this week
but just wondering is there anything i could do?
ive done all i can think..

There is plenty left to do. If you've still got the mobo, and want to test for shorts, you could try breadboarding it.

You could try clearing out the CMOS memory by removing the CR2032 battery for ~10-20 seconds.

You could try replacing the heatsink fan (or entire assembly if the fan is not easily removable).

Also, try working through the standard troubleshooting guide for "no boot" or "no display" issues. Follow the link in my signature.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
I had a very similar looping issue. Mine was a non functioning CPU (i7-930). When I got it RMA'd, it worked like a charm... I would try that after doing the steps listed in T_T's signature... it can be tough, but once your get your new system running you will be very excited for sure.

paulmidas

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
so did you send it back? i tried everything,new psu,new ram,new hard drive,new case..with one stick of ram in with 2 with 3...clearing the CMOS

Will look at T_Ts signature and get back to ye guys.thanks for help so far :)

This "could be" all sort of things {CPU, MOBO, PSU, GPU, RAM}. Installation Error.

However, my initial thought if you cannot get into the BIOS is a short. Remove all of the mounting screws and pull away from the I/O shield {dangle} and attempt to boot; otherwise breadboard. Also, for now remove/disconnect ALL nonessentials {USB, DVD, extra HDDs, etc}; including all headers {except the CPU, PW+|PW-, and speaker}. If you can get into the BIOS then Load Fail-Safe, and change later.

Also, my feeling based upon the OP comments is that RAM is NOT Certified and/or Tested for this MOBO. Certified - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3571#memory%20support%20list

Is this your MOBO {GA-X58-USB3 (rev. 1.0)} - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3571#sp

Please post the part-number and/or link to you RAM.

Verify RAM is insatlled properly and ALL power connections are correctly installed:
1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
DDR3_GA.jpg

TRENDING THREADS