The password does not meet the password policy requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

I am running a test win 2003 domain. I have diabled all domain policies but
when i go to add a user, it still tells me that the password has not met the
requirements.

What do I have to do to change this?

Edit the Default Domain Policy and navigate to:

Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Account
Policies/Password Policy

Then make the following changes (the password legnth one if optional but I
included it in case you wanted no restrictions at all):

Disable Password must meet complexity requirements
minimum password legnth - 0

Then go to the command line and type:

gpupdate /target:computer /force

Now you should be set.

Please let me know if you'd like me to explain anything in further detail.

Nick

"tony" wrote:

> I am running a test win 2003 domain. I have diabled all domain policies but
> when i go to add a user, it still tells me that the password has not met the
> requirements.
>
> What do I have to do to change this?

oh yeah and re-enable the domain policy

"tony" wrote:

> I am running a test win 2003 domain. I have diabled all domain policies but
> when i go to add a user, it still tells me that the password has not met the
> requirements.
>
> What do I have to do to change this?

alext97

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
hi nick, can you please go into further detail about this

where you have gpupdate /target:computer/force
does computer need to be the name of your computer

The original post of this was from 2005, the last one was from 2010, you need to start a new post with your issue.

And yes, "computer" is your computer name.