Question the pc crash when the gpu in the first slot

May 15, 2023
Hi Guys,i have proplem in my pc
when i put my gpu in the first pcie it work but after 15 mints restart the pc agean and agean.
but when i put the gpu in the second pcie slot its works good
my pc
i7 11700k
asrock z590 steel legend
Rtx 3070 zotach
ram 16 gb 3200 8x8
xigmatek psw 750w bronze
2TB HHD
128GB M.2

Sounds like a motherboard issue of some kind to me.

Did you recently get this graphics card or was it working fine in that first slot before and only recently started having problems?

I'd pull the CPU and check to see if there are ANY bent or deformed pins on the CPU socket on the motherboard. That is probably the most common reason why that would happen.

It might also have to do with the first slot running at full x16 Gen3 speeds while many boards don't allow the second x16 slot to run at the same configuration, which could mean that you are lacking some power to the graphics card.

What is the EXACT model of your Xigmatek power supply? Not that it REALLY matters that much since we already know that basically every Xigmatech power supply, or at least the great majority of them, are very poor quality and are highly likely to have problems when used with high end gaming cards.

What is the currently installed motherboard BIOS version?

Have you installed the latest motherboard drivers for chipset, network adapters and audio from the motherboard product support page?

If you don't have the latest BIOS and the latest motherboard drivers directly from the ASRock support page for your motherboard, I would do those things first.

May 15, 2023
hello
the first slot of my motherbord is 1 x PCIe 4.0 x16,
and the power supply its good in my country there are many pepole useing that psu and its working good its very popular
and my bios is the 2.1 version
and the proplem is old and i use 2 gpu and its the same proplem
and i installed all the drivers and update them and the same thing but when you say
that :

It might also have to do with the first slot running at full x16 Gen3 speeds while many boards don't allow the second x16 slot to run at the same configuration, which could mean that you are lacking some power to the graphics card.

so it could be psu proplem ?

the power supply its good in my country there are many pepole useing that psu and its working good its very popular
You know, I hear this all the time from people in other countries and let me tell you the same as I tell them.

It's the same thing as somebody saying "dog turds are good food in my country". No, they are not. It does not matter WHAT country you are in, dog turds still taste like crap and you shouldn't eat them.

This is exactly the same. It does not matter WHAT country you are in, if a power supply is not good, it is not good. It does not matter where you are. A low quality power supply that is known to have issues does not suddenly just magically become "good" because you are in some other country where finding an ACTUAL good quality power supply is hard to do and expensive. You wouldn't use gasoline mixed with water in your country just because it makes it stretch further, because it's a really bad idea and will probably either ruin your engine or make it run very poorly. It does not matter what country you are in, water in your gas is bad. This is the same. It does not matter where you are, using a poor quality PSU is bad. Period. End of story.

That being said, you STILL did not say what the exact model of it is, and that is the FIRST thing we need to know to even know whether it's likely a PSU issue or not. Even a very good power supply could be at fault in some cases, much less one that is not a very good power supply. So, model? If you don't know, look. It will be ON the label on the PSU. Depending on how you have the PSU mounted you might have to remove the four screws holding it to the case and turn the unit so you can see the label. Usually, you should not have to do this.

Did you build this system yourself or did you buy it from somebody else? Did you install the CPU? Have you had this problem since day 1 that you owned this system? This might be important since it happens with two different graphics cards. What is the model of the other graphics card you tried?

Did you buy the parts for this system new or used, if you built it yourself? Or, did you buy a whole prebuilt system? Just trying to find out if you or whoever you bought it from assembled it or if it was assembled by some company?

So, the Xigmatek Hydra M series is low quality garbage. Doesn't matter if it's popular in your country or not. Lot's of power supplies that are low quality or have poor performance tend to be popular in countries where hardware is expensive and hard to come by, because hardware is expensive and hard to come by and cheap PSUs are, well, cheap. That's why they are popular. They are not popular because they are good, and that unit is NOT good, at all.

Even the PSU cultists tier list agrees, and I don't always agree with what they have to say on that list but in this case I think that unit is placed exactly where it belongs, on Tier C, low quality.

There are certainly worse quality units out there, but for a system like yours using an RTX 3070 and 11700k there is absolutely no way you should be using a power supply that is such low quality. In fact, nobody should, regardless of what system they have.

The only Xigmatek power supply models that are even halfway good are those from the Minotaur, Hera Gold and XFP lines. And even those, are not terrific, they are just "ok" or decent enough. You really want to stick to a model that is listed on Tiers A or B on that tier list or is listed as recommended on my guide.

What exactly do you mean by "from a dealer"? Was the system already fully assembled when you bought it, or did you buy the parts individually and then assemble it yourself?

Last edited:
May 15, 2023
Eww on the PSU....

If its not the PSU causing this, I would have to agree that it s a motherboard issue, that happens from time to time, if its new, shouldn't have
i dont think its motherbored issue becouse it wasent happen when i was have the thermatake psu
i will change my psu and see what will happen

i dont think its motherbored issue becouse it wasent happen when i was have the thermatake psu
i will change my psu and see what will happen
Yeah that would definitely be the thing to try then, just avoid that Xigmatek brand, they are pretty awful, and if it fails, there is a chance it can take something else out as well. You don't need a 80 plus gold, some vary expensive unit, there are plenty of good 80 plus bronze units that do vary well, if you got a question about a PSU, of course everyone here will help.

Good Luck!