Question the pc problem that no one has been able to solve for 2 years

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
Okay so this is pretty much the last time im going to try to get any help on this for a while because nothing has worked, so here's my problem.

i got my pc in 2019 and i cant remember back then specifically but i later realized that i was having low fps in games that i shouldn't be having problems running and my first pc build was asus b-450f mb rtx 2070 super Ryzen 7 2700x , 16Gb of G.Skill ram 3200MHz 750W corsair gold 80+ power supply and a 2tb Samsung 970evo and i was only getting usually no more then 50% gpu usage while in game and i spent a while trying to fix it and the only thing that made any sortta significant change was enabling D.C.O.P in bios for ram which boosted gpu usage to a average in the 60%'s now but still eventually it started bugging me again because it still wasn't as good as it should be and then i kept trying a lot of things from yt videos, nothing ever major that would cause massive problems but nothing worked, then i took it to someone and they said thermal throttling on cpu and its holding back the gpu and i said ok and got fans installed for better air flow, he said it was fixed and surprise it wasn't, idk why i expected it to be because ive never monitored cpu or gpu even coming close to going over temp limit.

Later on i took it to a friend from my work that has been working with computers for a long time and the first thing we tried was a re-install of windows because he thought it was a setting i somehow changed and even with a full reset of windows and settings it still was there, i made sure o download steam and 1 game before installing or changing anything on pc and it was still 60% usage all while cpu has been in normal usage zones like 60's-70's (i do have 2 monitors and i have YouTube and other things up in the background) but anyway push comes to shove my friend thought it was most likely something with gpu and maybe just maybeee something cpu related, and i wasnted it fixed and just replaced both, it caused me to get a new mother board and the new stuff i got was a asus B-550f gaming mb, a ryzen 5 5600x and a rtx 3070 ti, and you would never guess what happened next.... still had the problem :D. now i didn't know what to do and my friend was so astonished and was stumped for one of the first times in his life, i always keep windows and gpu drivers up to date cpu i think i do i occasionally download chipset from amd website but idk what else to do ive tried almost everything the only things i haven't replaced is ram,ssd, and power supply, i first thought i was a ram problem because enabling D.C.O.P helped it but idk anymore, im tired of this problem and have spent over $2,000 trying to fix it. some of you might say try turning off background processes i know i have a few background processes but c'mon man this is a ryzen 5 5600x and 3070ti we talking about it should be able to handle a game and a few tabs with discord in the background, it gets 98-100% usage in stress tests and its good in everything else its just in game it doesn't meet standards, and idk if it matters but there will be areas in a game there's not a lot of stuff to load in and ill get 60% usage and a good fps but when i go to a area with more things ill drop to like 30% spu usage and get like 45 fps... man i can barrally run daym Minecraft with a basic shader.
(
And here i am today, trying for the last hope of trying to fix this problem at least until (if i even want to) i can just buy a whole new pc. so any attempt at helping is appreciated and also if u need the info i game at 1080p 1 27" 144hz monitor and 1 24" 165Hz monitor with 1 DP and 1 HDMI (have both on HDMI before new gpu and still had problem)

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
Go into your Nvidia settings and turn on dynamic super resolution and check off the 4x box. Boot into a graphically demanding AAA title released in the past two years and set it to that resolution and crank the settings to the max with v sync and g sync off. Download GPU-Z and tell me what the Perf cap reason is along with the utlization. What you’re describing isn’t entirely clear without the context of what exactly your settings are.

Camden.H

Prominent
Apr 18, 2022
Well I tried to send a picture of everything but I’m not sure how to when it asks for a http:// but gpu udiasation was 95-100% and interestingly the cpu was 90-100% as well tho I usually don’t play maxed out graphics with my problem and Perf Cap reason was always VRel. And VOp voltage was 1.068V if u need that and power consumption was %54.9 temps were low other than that I did everything u said 👍🏻

SO, after looking it up it seems to be not getting enough voltage? i usually keep everything voltage related to 0 because it always says that there's like a factory set amount and i don't want to hurt my card so idk how to fix that, if its the problem and im also useing a corsair 750W psu

Last edited: