Question The PC turns off when the UPS is connected to the wall and there is not electric shortage

hannibal

Distinguished
My problem is that Smart UPS 1500 turns the PC off even is the charge is 99% and the UPS is in the wall and there is no cut in electricity.
Any idea how to change settings so that the PC turns off when the battery is something like 30%. It is really annoying now, because the battery is two years old, so it allmost newer get back to 100% charge, but in my computer even 30% charge would last many hours. So If someone knows solution, it would be nice to know. I normally use UPS only to keep electric spikes in bay, not mainly for working if the electricity is cut down. So i am really wondering why it turns PC of even when there is good current. Somehow it seems to think that 99% charge is a problem...

To get any replies we'll need to know the age of the UPS (not just the battery) and the make and model of your computer PSU, motherboad, CPU, DRAM, etc.

You might just try a new battery. I have had problems with a UPS also and got tired of replacing batteries every year or two so I just quit using the UPS.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It would be unusual for the batteries to go bad that fast, but can happen. Normally SLA are good for ~5 years unless other factors are in play such as repeatedly running to very low charge state, incomplete charging and so forth.

It is also important to know if the PC is actually within the UPS output ability, as is referred to above.

hannibal

Distinguished
To get any replies we'll need to know the age of the UPS (not just the battery) and the make and model of your computer PSU, motherboad, CPU, DRAM, etc.

You might just try a new battery. I have had problems with a UPS also and got tired of replacing batteries every year or two so I just quit using the UPS.

Ah...

Battery 2 years, UBS 2 years, so original battery inside. Normally 99-100% charge and when it drops to 99% it shut down the PC even if it connected to wall socket and there is no problems in electricity.

kanewolf

Titan
My problem is that Smart UPS 1500 turns the PC off even is the charge is 99% and the UPS is in the wall and there is no cut in electricity.
Any idea how to change settings so that the PC turns off when the battery is something like 30%. It is really annoying now, because the battery is two years old, so it allmost newer get back to 100% charge, but in my computer even 30% charge would last many hours. So If someone knows solution, it would be nice to know. I normally use UPS only to keep electric spikes in bay, not mainly for working if the electricity is cut down. So i am really wondering why it turns PC of even when there is good current. Somehow it seems to think that 99% charge is a problem...
If your battery is two years old, and "it never gets back to 100%", then it is probably failed. The cost for replacement is not terrible. Depending on the exact model is it probably just a 7AH 12VDC battery.

hannibal

Distinguished
It gets back to 100% but sometimes drop below 100% while using and then automatically shut down PC. I know that new battery would help, but I am wondering if there are settings that would allow the battery to go 30% or something like that before shutting down instead of shutting down at 99%... Aka does anyone has knowledge if this basic behavior can be changed in settings? or not.

TRENDING THREADS