The Penny-Arcade Expo 2011 (PAX EAST '11) Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]woshitudou[/nom]These slideshows are terrible. Can Toms use ajax or something so we dont have to scroll down 40 times to see 40 new pages.[/citation]

*Sigh* We're working on it. I agree that the current format sucks to navigate through. I've been encouraging the idea of using a different format for more than a year now. There's an AJAX version coming that won't require refreshing the page AND still allow blowing up the images. I think you'll like it a lot better!

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]cangelini[/nom]*Sigh* We're working on it. I agree that the current format sucks to navigate through. I've been encouraging the idea of using a different format for more than a year now. There's an AJAX version coming that won't require refreshing the page AND still allow blowing up the images. I think you'll like it a lot better![/citation]

Thanks a lot! Keep up the good work. Tom's is my favorite tech site.

cmcghee358

Distinguished
I guess I'm the first to comment on the snipe at Alienware. Good job Toms. And you're right, we readers absolutely can build a better rig than Alienware and 400-1000 cheaper!

[citation][nom]woshitudou[/nom]These slideshows are terrible. Can Toms use ajax or something so we dont have to scroll down 40 times to see 40 new pages.[/citation]
I see this every time there are pictures. Go here:
http://feedbacks.tomshardware.com/forums/14581-site-forum-ideas?lang=en&utm_campaign=Widgets&utm_content=tab-widget&utm_medium=Popin+Widget&utm_source=tomsdev.uservoice.com

On another note: please fix the feedback forum! Every time I go on, my votes are listed for different ideas than before! Sometimes ones I have taken my votes away from!

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]tenaciousleydead[/nom]did you intentionally misspell gabe as game on pic 3 so you could encourage more advertising??[/citation]

I've already let the author know he fails at spelling :) Kidding, Tuan, we know you're in a rush over there in Boston to check out the floor!

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Enzo Matrix[/nom]I see this every time there are pictures. Go here:http://feedbacks.tomshardware.com/ [...] rvoice.comOn another note: please fix the feedback forum! Every time I go on, my votes are listed for different ideas than before! Sometimes ones I have taken my votes away from![/citation]

Didn't realize there was anything wrong with the feedback forum! I'll let folks know!

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Unless Toms starts making articles on how to build custom laptop rigs and not those rediculous ~$5000 things then I will still be interested in an Alienware laptop for gaming on the go. Though I do agree, you would have to be crazy to buy an Alienware desktop vs. building your own.

nisallik

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
Wow, didn't even stop by The Old Republic's booth? Looked pretty insane over there from the pictures I saw from other sites. I guess 8+ hour queue to play the game is a big distractor. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.