The Phone Packing Windows XP is Finally on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albyint

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
XPphone would be awesome, but why have a full OS like that and only have 8gb of memory? The expandable storage could be a saving grace if it were not limited to 16gb

What processor is in that thing? With that pricing it's very debatable, The iPhone 4 is 500$-ish with no plan and it packs the A4, a beast of a chip. The G2's 800mhz Snapdragon proves itself to the big dogs and it actually can be OC'd (a cell phone OCing wow lol) to 1.3ghz and it's priced at around 400$ no plan.

Oh but most importantly... How will you fit it in your pocket? 4.8 inches of XP fun.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
I would want to have this phone just to carry it as a Badge of Honor for NERDISM and promote and popularizing technicality and complexity.

hang-the-9

Titan
Price of 666 for DOS version, hmm... wasn't there an APPLE that was out for 666 back when they first came out? I'm thinking this price is a bit of a dig :)

The issue with a device like this these days is that almost every phone has web/games/media playback at 1/2 or even 1/4 of the price. 3 Years ago I'd be more impressed.

firebee1991

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Pretty sure the article summed it up perfectly. This is awesome for nerd cred, but isn't very practical in the real world. That said, I really freaking want it.

jimmysmitty

Champion
[citation][nom]mrmez[/nom]First MS 'revive' the Kin, now XP phone.Are they trying to cannibalise W7 phone?[/citation]

This has nothing to do with MS apart from the OS. They didn't develop it, a company called ITG did.

Its interesting but pointless for now.

Although it does show the power of current phone tech.

As for the ARM or x86, I would guess x86 since it would be a major overhaul to rewrite the entire XP kernal to work on ARM.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
USB port (gotta have mouse).They should have a burning (above 200 mw)Laser in it too to make it a Swiss Army knife tool (to light up cigs,start fires).Yeah an integrated Laser in it to make it extra cool.

roagie

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Scary, you could load bt4 on the bootable usb drive and run it from there. :). That would definitely be something to tote around :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY