The PlayBook Isn't Getting BlackBerry 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Thank you Blackberry for the slap in the face. Your contradictory statements speaks volumes about how you operate as a business. Hence why I continue to short trade your company: you're full of bad PR.

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
Well at least they had the decency to do this.
Unlike Motorola who way back slapped on Android 2.1 on the Motorola Cliq along w/ their horrid Motoblur crap which made it run like a dog and ticked everyone off :p

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Yes, abandon Playbook users.... Nice to see that "Blackberry" has no problem abandoning their customers... Guess I'll throw my Playbook in the trash and buy from a company that will actually support their products. Screw you "Blackberry".... You're not getting another cent from me, ever.

stevelord

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
lol @ PB fanboys that actually believed in this product and that 1-It would be a hit and 2-It would be supported.

Said it since it's first month. FAILED PRODUCT!

anything4this

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
I'm pissed off at HP because they didn't update the touchpad to the new os version... I should never buy their crap again and what I have is currently useless now and has had all its current functionality disabled so I should get rid of it...

Come on! You should have expected this the second they had a fire sale of these. Why would you expect bb10 on this hardware? You are on this tech site because you have a certain amount of knowledge of how hardware works and how it can become obsolete in a day. Moving backwards would probably gain them nothing as you would complain about the stupid move and they would just pay for nothing.

tl;dr - Stop complaining about something that was expected. Your tablet still does a lot and you probs didn't pay much for it anyways.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
It's stupid easy to put android on a touchpad.

Verrin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
Yeah, it's too bad it's nigh-impossible to change the OS on a playbook. At least as far as I can tell, no one has been successful.

slyu9213

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012

It doesn't do enough compared to Android and iOS devices plus if you bought the tablet at original price then you did pay a lot. Almost the same as iPads.

halcyon

Splendid
I admittingly (and somewhat embarrassingly) bought a Playbook and my colleagues heckle me about it. It was cheap though ($200). It does provide a nice UI option for my blackberry and is a reasonable platform for...what else.. ? Angry Birds. ...but I've not even dusted it off in over a month.

sulanis

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Honestly, I am disappointing that BB10 is not going on the playbook, but in my opinion its still a great tablet, it does everything i need it to do. The playbook is an older tablet, and blackberry was trying to release a brand new OS on out dated hardware.

Should Blackberry thought of this ahead of time? YES, you're damn right they should have. However, they did promise to continue to support and upgrade OS2.1. Does this mean they will follow through with that? Well, there track record for keeping promises is already tarnished so it makes it hard for me to believe. I have a blackberry z10 myself and its fantastic. That's what keeping me with Blackberry.

What blackberry needs to understand that is this: When you make a promise and break it, the human brain goes right to that though. "They broke a promise, so how can I trust them?" So when people go to the store, this is what they will remember and buy the competition.

However, keep in mind poeple in our life's we have all made promises we can't keep. WE ARE NOT PERFECT. We are not a multimillion dollar company though. I truly understand both sides of the coin.

However, This is nothing compared to the bull-crap that Microsoft tried to pull with the XBOX One. Also, the crap that Motorola did, completely abandoned there first line of super phones, after making a direct promise.

I hope i don't see blackberry in the history channel lol.. That comment made my morning lol

Status
Not open for further replies.