The Pope is dead

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.sufi,alt.surrealism,soc.culture.burma (More info?)

"O people! Lo! As for him who worshipped the Pope. the Pope is dead. But as
for him who worships Allah, Allah is Alive and dieth not." Jherek Chamaeleo

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.sufi,alt.surrealism,soc.culture.burma (More info?)

Allah is Alive and dieth not, but the words of Mohammad (pbuh) ARE
frozen in time.

I would imagine as many Catholics are immature in their understanding
and practice as followers of other religions.

God help us all.

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.sufi,alt.surrealism,soc.culture.burma (More info?)

> CHILDREN:
> Every sperm is sacred.
> Every sperm is great.
> If a sperm is wasted,
> God gets quite irate.

If I remember correctly Mohammad (pbuh) wants you to wash off any
errant sperm hanging around before you go to pray. Is this a double
standard? ;-)
Do ya think there's much of a chance that Monty Python might be the
next Pope? Now that would be something completely different, eh?

In case any of our participants are not aware of this, currently there
is a Broadway musical playing based on Monty Phython and the Holy
Grail. I think it's called "Spamalot".

I've always believe we should remember the dead and pray for the
living.

All my best, obo

obovajrin@aol.com wrote:

>Allah is Alive and dieth not, but the words of Mohammad (pbuh) ARE
>frozen in time.
>
>I would imagine as many Catholics are immature in their understanding
>and practice as followers of other religions.
>
>God help us all.

AMEN

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.sufi,alt.surrealism,soc.culture.burma (More info?)

Types of Language Change

What kinds of language change are there? First, there's vocabulary change.
Slang terms, in particular, come and go every few years. In a 1990 Beetle
Bailey cartoon, for instance, Sarge chews Beetle out with a string of
symbols ending in #!!, and Beetle laughs, "#?? Nobody says # anymore!"
Sarge, deflated, sighs, "Gee, I always thought # was all-time classic
cussing." Sarge is embarrassed because with a very few exceptions--notably
the genuinely classic four-letter English words, at least one of which has a
pedigree that includes a Latin obscenity written on the walls of ancient
Pompeii--using last year's slang spells social disaster. Meanings of words
change, too. English and German both inherited a word that refers to a
person of high rank in English ('knight') but to a servant or even a slave
in German ('Knecht'). (Thanks to evidence from other Germanic languages, we
know that the German meaning is closer to the original.)

http://www.lsadc.org/

"jirjis" <jirjis@email2me.net> wrote in message
> "O people! Lo! As for him who worshipped the Pope. the Pope is dead. But
> as
> for him who worships Allah, Allah is Alive and dieth not." Jherek
> Chamaeleo
> 2005

I grew up Catholic and hated the pope. He is oppressive to women and
imagine that you aren't supposed to use birth control. What a fantasy. Very
few catholics followed that.

I'm an atheist but what the Catholic church needs is a forward looking pope.
From what I read that's not likely to happen.

peter

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.sufi,alt.surrealism,soc.culture.burma (More info?)

The world's a stage....and I ask you: who would have the
greatest impact on a stage? Probably the best actor...
So, as long as the stage is maintained, only actors will count. To alter
this, you will have to demolish the stage
and head towards the real...
But still people prefer fantasy before reality, and if the consequences of
this behaviour reach them they cry for help and bemoan their fate.

Regards,
Peter

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.sufi,alt.surrealism,soc.culture.burma (More info?)

Great, and now for the misinformed. Birth control is not totally banned, it
is called the rhythm method.
And the use of a condom to protect against infectious disease is not birth
control unless that was your intent and then you have the sin. But backing
up a little, you seem to presume that screwing like animals is the correct
behavior. That is if you have a married relationship and are not screwing
around then the disease issue should be null.
And finally as to the issue of women. I could go into all the reasons of the
church, but let me just say you are P whipped and don't even know it if you
have that frame of mind. In any case that should be the best qualified for a
job. Women for having babies and men for the other part. Where do queers fit
in that formula? Maybe in cultures where the idea of worker bees progressed
to Enoch's.

E_Net_Rider wrote:
> Great, and now for the misinformed. Birth control is not totally banned, it
> is called the rhythm method.
> And the use of a condom to protect against infectious disease is not birth
> control unless that was your intent and then you have the sin. But backing
> up a little, you seem to presume that screwing like animals is the correct
> behavior.

I don't care what you screw like: that's your business.

--
You can't fool me: there ain't no Sanity Clause. -Chico Marx

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/1955

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.sufi,alt.surrealism,soc.culture.burma (More info?)

It is the business of Mankind