the problem of controller ACPI

I use a notebook computer Micron Trek 2 AGP U376, I installer windows XP,
all is ok but in the managerment of peripherique (Gestionnaire de
périphérique) the ACPI is conflict with PCI bus , I want use the deffirent
parameter of configuration and I can't because the option parameter base on
(******) is unchangable and the option use the configuration automated is the
same. so my question is how I can changer it!
ps my computer is PII 400/ 256M/ 60G/ AGP 8M

thanx and I am all ears;

Upgrade the BIOS if possible. If it won't help, reinstall Windows from
scratch with Standard HAL - hit F7 during initial stage of setup.
When you fix HAL issue, buy modern laptop.

Now I use Linux Mandrank 9 and there is no problem, and I try to upgrade the
BIOS but I can't find the new version for my computer, I will try to
reinstall Windows following what you say, and hope it will be oki. thanx!

"Jetro" wrote:

> Upgrade the BIOS if possible. If it won't help, reinstall Windows from
> scratch with Standard HAL - hit F7 during initial stage of setup.
> When you fix HAL issue, buy modern laptop.

Do not forget to also installed the correct chipset drivers for the laptop
in XP. These may help by placing the correct ACPI drivers into Windows.